|Energy and Oil & GasManufacturing and Logistics|
- Oklahoma, 1998
- U.S. District Courts for the Western, Northern and Eastern Districts of Oklahoma
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Tenth Circuits
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- J.D., with highest honors, University of Oklahoma, 1998; Note Editor, Oklahoma Law Review; Recipient, Dean’s Scholarship; Recipient, Phillips Petroleum Scholarship; Recipient, Oklahoma City Title Real Property Lawyers Association Scholarship; Recipient, Kelly Beardslee Criminal Defense Award; Order of the Coif; Phi Delta Phi
- B.A. (Journalism), with special distinction, University of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Luther Bohanon American Inn of Court (Barrister)
- Defense Research Institute
- Oklahoma Lawyers for Children
- Oklahoma City Festival of the Arts (Committee Co-Chair)
Kymala B. Carrier
Kym Carrier is a trial lawyer whose practice encompasses a wide range of commercial litigation and arbitration matters, including products liability, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas, real estate, insurance coverage, trusts, intellectual property, banking and securities. Kym has extensive experience in both trial and appellate work.
Prior to entering law school, Kym worked for several years in the banking industry.
- Representation of individuals and companies in business and commercial litigation and arbitration.
- Representation of industrial and consumer product manufacturers in products liability cases.
- Representation of both creditors and debtors in creditors' rights issues.
- Representation of clients in real estate litigation, including land use disputes, title disputes and commercial lease disputes.
- Representation of numerous defendants in asbestos litigation.
- Representation of individuals and businesses in insurance coverage disputes.
- Representation of wholesale food distributors in various contract, business tort and employment disputes.
- Obtained summary judgment for large manufacturer in tortuous interference claim brought by European distributor. Successfully defended decision on appeal to Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Trained and managed 15 of the firm’s lawyers while maintaining an active caseload in the firm’s defense of pharmaceutical company Wyeth in Phen-Fen litigation. Also worked to identify and retain in-state medical experts.
- Successfully represented the leading manufacturer of direct-fired heaters used in refineries worldwide in a theft of trade secrets case against its former president.
- Successfully defended an individual trustee in a breach of fiduciary duty case in the Western District of Oklahoma.
- Obtained defense verdict in favor of an independent oil and gas company in a lawsuit involving allegations of violations of the Oklahoma Trade Secrets Act and Lanham Act as well as tortious interference, fraud, conversion, civil conspiracy, and negligent supervision and entrustment.
Oklahoma Supreme Court strikes down tort reform legislation passed in 2009
McAfee & Taft Oklahoma Law Alert - June 6, 2013
IN THE NEWS
Companies send festival volunteers on the clock
The Oklahoman - April 25, 2007