|Energy and Oil & Gas|
- Ohio, 1990
- Oklahoma, 1993
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1992
- J.D., University of Akron, Akron, Ohio, 1990
- B.S. (Chemistry), Grove City College, Grove City, PA, 1985
- American Chemical Society
- Oklahoma Bar Association (Intellectual Property Section)
William D. Hall
Bill Hall represents clients in all areas of intellectual property law and is a registered patent attorney with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
In 2015, Bill was one of only two lawyers in Oklahoma to be honored with Lexology’s “Client Choice” award, which recognizes lawyers worldwide who provide excellence in client care and quality of service. In nominating him for the award, clients said “His efficiency in understanding inventions and his ability to guide inventors to imagine more than they disclosed are unparalleled” and “Bill has the capability to take the complex and distil it to an understandable product that is readily enforceable.” His achievements have also earned him inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (patent law; trade secrets law).
Prior to joining McAfee & Taft in June 2001, he was senior counsel for Conoco, Inc., where he had worked for 10 years counseling clients in all areas of intellectual property and providing legal counsel relating to the Internet and computer law.
Bill previously served on the executive committee of the Oklahoma Bar Association’s Intellectual Property Law Section representing each office, including a term as president in 1998.
In his leisure time, Bill enjoys taking friends on flights around Oklahoma in his Piper Arrow, scuba diving and slowly rebuilding a ’57 Chevy.
- Developed strategies designed to enhance the business value of patents, trade secrets, copyrights and trademarks.
- Assisted clients in development of trade secret protection programs.
- Counseled intellectual property management teams.
- Counseled clients in the development of Internet and e-mail usage policies.
- Prepared opinions relating to patentability of inventions, patent infringement, patent validity and product clearances, i.e. determining the likelihood of a new product or process infringing another’s patents.
- Negotiated software, patent and trademark licensing agreements.
- Developed preventive law seminars designed to reduce the risks of improperly using a third party’s intellectual property.
- Prepared and prosecuted chemical, mechanical and business related patent applications in the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia.
The PCT Process – flexible, cost-effective and efficient
McAfee & Taft tIPSheet Alert - May 8, 2015
Common sense trade secret protection
McAfee & Taft tIPsheet - November 2012
Preparing Invention Disclosures
Chemical Engineering Progress - April 1, 2010
IN THE NEWS
Bill Hall honored with Lexology 2015 Client Choice Award
- February 27, 2015