|Energy and Oil & Gas|
- Ohio, 1990
- Oklahoma, 1993
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1992
- J.D., University of Akron, Akron, Ohio, 1990
- B.S. (Chemistry), Grove City College, Grove City, PA, 1985
- American Chemical Society
- Oklahoma Bar Association (Intellectual Property Section)
William D. Hall
Bill Hall represents clients in all areas of intellectual property law and is a registered patent attorney with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Prior to joining McAfee & Taft in June 2001, he was senior counsel for Conoco, Inc., where he had worked for 10 years counseling clients in all areas of intellectual property and providing legal counsel relating to the Internet and computer law.
Bill previously served on the executive committee of the Oklahoma Bar Association’s Intellectual Property Law Section representing each office, including a term as president in 1998.
In his leisure time, Bill enjoys taking friends on flights around Oklahoma in his Piper Arrow, scuba diving and slowly rebuilding a ’57 Chevy.
- Developed strategies designed to enhance the business value of patents, trade secrets, copyrights and trademarks.
- Assisted clients in development of trade secret protection programs.
- Counseled intellectual property management teams.
- Counseled clients in the development of Internet and e-mail usage policies.
- Prepared opinions relating to patentability of inventions, patent infringement, patent validity and product clearances, i.e. determining the likelihood of a new product or process infringing another’s patents.
- Negotiated software, patent and trademark licensing agreements.
- Developed preventive law seminars designed to reduce the risks of improperly using a third party’s intellectual property.
- Prepared and prosecuted chemical, mechanical and business related patent applications in the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia.