|Energy and Oil & Gas|
- Oklahoma, 1982
- U.S. District Courts and Bankruptcy Courts for the Western, Northern and Eastern Districts of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Courts and Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Court and Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court and Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the First, Third, Fifth, Ninth, Tenth and Eleventh Circuits
- U.S. Bankruptcy Appellate Panel of the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- J.D., with distinction, Oklahoma City University, 1982; Phi Delta Phi; Note Editor, Oklahoma City University Law Review; Recipient, Corpus Juris Secundum Award
- B.A., University of Maine at Presque Isle, 1979
- Oklahoma County Bar Association (Former Director; Chair, Fee Grievance and Ethics Committee; Former President of the Bankruptcy Section; Former Library Trustee)
- Oklahoma Bar Association (Board Member and Past President, Commercial Law Section; Board Member and Past President, Bankruptcy Section)
- Federal Bar Association (President of the Oklahoma City Chapter, 1997–1998)
- American Inn of Court (Master of the Bench, Emeritus)
- Conference on Consumer Finance
- American Banking Institute
- Chapel Hill United Methodist Church, OKC (Lay Leader, Chair of Trustees, Chair of Building Committee, and Member of Administrative Board)
- Epworth Villa Retirement Center (Board of Directors)
- Independence Charter Middle School (Board of Directors)
- Mayor’s Judicial Advisory Board (Former Member)
- Oklahoma City Rotary Club 29 (Board of Directors)
- Oklahoma City Tree Bank (Former Member of the Board of Directors)
- Oklahoma Zoological Society (Former Treasurer and Member of the Board of Directors)
Ross Plourde practices primarily in the areas of commercial litigation and arbitration, commercial law and bankruptcy.
Ross has extensive experience in complex business litigation, bankruptcies and receiverships, as well as the arbitration and mediation of commercial disputes and out-of-court workouts. In commercial litigation, Ross has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide range of matters, including contract disputes, creditors’ rights, receiverships, lender liability, intellectual property disputes, real estate disputes, litigation under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act, environmental litigation and all forms of business torts.
His expertise has earned him inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (bankruptcy and creditor debtor rights/insolvency and reorganization law; bankruptcy litigation) and Oklahoma Super Lawyers. His active civic involvement was recognized in 2008 by the Oklahoma City University School of Law, which honored him with the OCU Law Alumni Association Award for Community Service.
Subsequent to admission to the Oklahoma Bar, Ross served as assistant attorney general for the State of Oklahoma.
- Representation of creditors and debtors in bankruptcy, bank insolvency, insurance company insolvency, and state insolvency proceedings.
- Representation of creditors’ committees in bankruptcy litigation involving a variety of businesses.
- Representation of the creditors’ committee in a bankruptcy case involving 18 debtors that owned and operated numerous rural hospitals and healthcare-related businesses.
- Representation of energy clients in connection with enforcement of creditor’s rights and related issues in the oil and gas industry.
- Representation of an energy company in connection with its claim against Petrosurance in its receivership action.
- Representation of clients in connection with the enforcement of oil and gas liens and mechanic’s and materialmen’s liens.
- Served as debtor’s counsel in numerous cases involving contested plan confirmation hearings.
- Served as creditors’ committee counsel in contesting claims of large secured creditors.
- Served as trust counsel in litigation regarding the extent of the estate’s interest in a partnership and the right to liquidate the partnership.
- Litigated on numerous occasions cash collateral motions, both as debtor’s counsel and counsel to the secured creditor.
- Represented creditors seeking to transfer bankruptcy cases to other districts
- Regularly involved in defense of preference actions in courts across the country.
- Experience in a broad range of litigation, including contract and commercial disputes, banking, construction, products liability, intellectual property and environmental litigation.
IN THE NEWS
Plourde quoted on damages sustained by Oklahoma cattle producers following Eastern Livestock debacle
The Journal Record - July 13, 2012
Plourde, Lauderdale quoted in feature story about financial crisis' impact on Oklahoma
The Journal Record - September 29, 2008
AT THE PODIUM
Strengthening Credit and Collection Policies and Practices
2014 Corporate Counsel SeminarOklahoma City, Oklahoma | December 4, 2014
The Oil and Gas Creditor's Bankruptcy Toolbox
Mineral Lawyers Society of Oklahoma CityOklahoma City, Oklahoma | March 11, 2010