|Agriculture and EquineEnergy and Oil & GasRenewable and Sustainable Energy|
- Oklahoma, 1991
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Courts for the Western and Northern Districts of Oklahoma
- J.D., with highest honors, University of Oklahoma, 1991; Order of the Coif
- B.S. (Mechanical Engineering), Oklahoma State University, 1983
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association (Past President and Director, Intellectual Property Section)
- American Bar Association
- International Trademark Association
Anthony L. Rahhal
Tony Rahhal's practice encompasses all areas of intellectual property law, including patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret law, Internet law and related areas. He has been registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office since 1993. He has also served as leader of the firm's Intellectual Property Group.
Tony’s patent practice includes the preparation and prosecution of patent applications, preparation and prosecution of re-examination proceedings, preparation of infringement and validity opinions, patent infringement litigation, patent licensing, and auditing of patent portfolios. Tony’s practice is international in scope, and he has established relationships with associates in a number of foreign countries.
Tony’s trademark practice, which is also global in scope, encompasses all areas of trademark law and includes the searching and clearance of marks, preparation and prosecution of applications, management of trademark assets, licensing transactions, and practice before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board in opposition, cancellation and concurrent use proceedings.
As part of his day-to-day practice, Tony serves as intellectual property counsel for a number of different companies and has extensive experience drafting and negotiating a variety of intellectual property agreements.
Tony's achievements have earned him inclusion in Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, The Best Lawyers in America (copyright law; intellectual property litigation; patent law; patent litigation; trademark law) and Oklahoma Super Lawyers. He was selected by Best Lawyers as the “Oklahoma City Patent Litigation Lawyer of the Year” for 2013 and “Oklahoma City Trademark Lawyer of the Year” for 2013 and 2016, honors given to a single lawyer in each legal specialty in each community.
In addition to having previously served as president of the Intellectual Property Section of the Oklahoma Bar Association, he is an adjunct professor of patent law at the University of Oklahoma and a member of the Oklahoma County Bar Association, Oklahoma Bar Association, American Bar Association and International Trademark Association.
Tony received a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Oklahoma State University and a Juris Doctor, with highest honors, from the University of Oklahoma College of Law. Prior to entering law school, he worked as an engineer for Rockwell International at its Tulsa, Oklahoma, facility from 1984 to 1988.
- Preparation of numerous patent applications for complex mechanical inventions in a wide range of industries.
- Representation in patent re-examination hearings.
- Representation of clients in proceedings before the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences.
- Representation of clients in proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Representation of licensors and licensees in patent, trademark and copyright matters, including the drafting and negotiation of contracts.
- Day-to-day counseling of public and private companies.
- Representation of companies and individuals in patent, trademark and copyright litigation.
IN THE NEWS
Best Lawyers names 17 McAfee & Taft attorneys as 2016 ‘Lawyer of the Year’ in 18 categories
- August 24, 2015
Tony Rahhal quoted in Oklahoman feature on patent attorneys
The Oklahoman - March 2, 2008
AT THE PODIUM
IP for Startups
Startup Weekend TulsaNovember 13, 2009 - November 15, 2009