What the New FMLA Regs and Future Leave Laws Mean for Employers
HR Hero Advanced Employment Issues Symposium
Date: October 29, 2009 - October 30, 2009Venue: Caesars PalaceLocation: Las Vegas, NevadaPresenting: Charles S. Plumb
Big changes have hit FMLA recently, which means bigger compliance headaches for HR. Here, you get a summary of the final regulations and learn about other leave laws that could turn your leave of absence policies upside down. You’ll discover:
- How to interpret the new and previously released changes that apply to military families—including those that pertain to National Guard and reservists
- What exactly have the new regs changed regarding intermittent leave?
- What do the new rules say about getting information from health care providers?
- The new restrictions on your supervisors, which were designed to enhance employee privacy
- What the new changes mean for your perfect attendance programs
- The changes to the notice requirements—and why they’re considered good news for employers
- Recent FMLA cases
- Other new leave laws in the works, including the Family Leave Insurance Act, the Crime Victims Employment Leave Act and legislation to expand FMLA
- How the Healthy Families Act could dramatically change your company’s paid sick leave policies