A Practical Refresher on Hiring and Firing Best Practices
Western Oklahoma Human Resources Presentation
When it comes to hiring, are you sure the right questions are being asked?
And when it comes to terminating an employee, can you fire without fear of a lawsuit?
McAfee & Taft attorney Charlie Plumb provides a practical refresher on best practices for hiring and firing employees and talks about recent changes to state and federal labor and employment laws.
- Seeking candidates and applicants
- Application content
- Interview and selection process
- Dealing with the traps and pitfalls of employee terminations
- What to do before, during and after terminating an employee
- How to diffuse a sensitive situation using basic management and interpersonal skills.