Frank Polk’s practice is focused on aviation title, finance and regulatory law and related matters, as well as the Cape Town Convention, the new international treaty that is having a dramatic impact on the perfection and enforcement of rights in aircraft and engines.
Due to the firm’s close proximity to the FAA Civil Aircraft Registry in Oklahoma City, Frank often acts as special FAA counsel and renders legal opinions based on the Transportation Code and applicable FAA regulations. In this capacity, he has represented a wide variety of regional, national and international clients in connection with owning, leasing, acquiring, financing and operating aircraft. This includes counseling clients on projects relating to ownership and operational issues of corporate aircraft (including fractional ownership) that are governed by FAA regulations.
Frank previously served as the leader of the Aviation Group for many years and has been recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (corporate law; equipment finance law), Oklahoma Super Lawyers and The International Who's Who of Aviation Lawyers. He currently serves as a representative to the Legal Advisory Panel of Aviation Working Group and as a technical advisor to the International Registry Advisory Board. He is also a frequent panelist, speaker and organizer of aviation law conferences. In addition to lecturing on the Cape Town Convention, his speaking credits include:
- Co-Chairperson, “Current Issues in the Law of FAA Aircraft Registration, Liens and Security Interests,” sponsored by Strategic Research Institute (“SRI”) from 1994–2008; and INSIGHT from 2009–2010
- “Corporate Jet Transactions,” sponsored by SRI from 1995–2009
- NBAA Annual Tax Conference, sponsored by the National Business Aviation Association (“NBAA”) from 1995–2009
- Various tax and regulatory forums sponsored by the NBAA from 1995–2007
- Aviation Conferences sponsored by the Federal Bar Association in 1991, 2001 and 2007
- Forum on Negotiation and Documentation of Aircraft Finance Transactions, sponsored by SRI (various years from 1994–2007)
- Annual Aircraft Acquisition Planning, sponsored by Conklin & de Deker, 2006–2007
- Various national and international conferences pertaining to the Cape Town Convention, sponsored by the Legal Advisory Panel to the Aviation Working Group from 2007–2010
Frank is also a licensed title insurance agent in the State of Oklahoma and founder of Global Aviation Title Insurance Agency, LLC. Global is a licensed agent of First American Transportation Title Insurance Company, a subsidiary of one of the largest title insurance companies in the world.