McAfee & Taft labor and employment attorney Charlie Plumb discusses social media challenges and issues in the workplace at the Oklahoma Association of College and University Business Officers Fall Conference at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Convention Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Friday, November 9, 2012.
- Legal issues concerning employees’ use of social media both at work and off the clock
- How social media usage impacts work productivity
- Concerns about employees associating themselves with an employer or endorsing the employer’s products or services in social media
- Disclosure of confidential information
- Employees making public complaints using social media
- Harassment and discrimination
- Establishing and enforcing social media policies