EmployerLINC17: Labor, Employment and Employee Benefits Seminar (Tulsa)
The times they are a-changin’. The transition of power from one administration to another means changes in leadership at the nation’s top federal employment agencies, changes in budgets and direction, and changes in enforcement priorities. While businesses are encouraged at the prospect of a decidedly pro-employer agenda, it remains to be seen how the overall landscape of the American workplace will change … as well as how quickly.
At EmployerLINC17, McAfee & Taft’s annual labor, employment and employee benefits seminar, our attorneys will share their insights on the projected trends and issues employers are likely to encounter in the coming years as well as discuss why now is the perfect time for HR and benefits professionals to get “back to basics” when it comes to compliance with federal and state laws, rather than take a wait-and-see approach.
Hosted by McAfee & Taft's Labor and Employment Group, the morning session includes an overview of the anticipated changes in leadership and direction at the Department of Labor, EEOC, and National Labor Relations Board, as well as discussion of why the threat of employment litigation is likely to increase, despite the fact that federal agencies are expected to cut back on their own enforcement and prosecution initiatives. Other topics include:
- “Back to Basics”: Preventative Measures for Combatting the Threat of Litigation
- Workplace Wellness: How to recognize, address and accommodate mental and emotional issues in the workplace
- Bullies, Exes and Lone Shooters: Getting the drop on workplace violence
- OSHA and Drug Testing: Understanding new federal obligations on employers
- Employee Hiring and Departures: Do’s and don’ts for fair competition
- How to Avoid Claims of Retaliation and Whistleblowing
Hosted by McAfee & Taft's Employee Benefits Group, the afternoon session will feature an update on the new administration’s plans to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, as well as presentations on core issues facing employer-sponsors of health, retirement and executive compensation plans. Topics include:
- The ACA and the Trump Administration: Where we are, where we are going
- Severance Plans and Agreements: Issues and strategies
- Employer Fiduciary Duties Related to Retirement Plan Administration
- Employer Obligations and Liabilities for Health Plan Administration
- Benefits, Executive Compensation and Privilege Issues You Should Be Thinking About
Registration is now closed.
There is no cost to attend this seminar, but registration is required. Registration closes at 5pm on Friday, March 17th. Please note that priority reservations for this event will be given to clients and special guests of the firm. McAfee & Taft reserves the right to limit registration at any time. When registering, please be sure to specify whether you will attend the morning session, afternoon session, or both. Separate HRCI and SHRM credit is available for each session. IMPORTANT NOTE: Lunch will not be provided.