Jessica Dickerson is trial lawyer whose practice is concentrated in commercial litigation, complex litigation, insurance defense, employment litigation, and appellate practice. She has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of cases, including claims for breach of contract, products liability, personal injury, and professional negligence. Jessica’s insurance litigation experience includes defense of bad faith and breach of contract claims and analysis of coverage issues.
Jessica's achievements have earned her inclusion in Oklahoma Super Lawyers' list of "Oklahoma Rising Stars," which recognizes the state’s top up-and-coming attorneys.
Prior to attending law school, Jessica worked as a journalist with the Oklahoma bureau of a news agency.
- Obtained dismissal of workers’ compensation retaliatory discharge claim in an action brought by a former energy company employee challenging the constitutionality of a provision of Oklahoma's recently enacted Administrative Workers’ Compensation Act. In its ruling, the court held that the Workers’ Compensation Commission has exclusive jurisdiction over workers’ compensation retaliatory discharge claims, and that the Act is constitutional.
- Second-chaired bench trial on motion to adjudge opposing parties in civil contempt, seeking to obtain compliance with previously entered judgments and injunctions against cattle trespass. The defendants were held in contempt, and the court entered broader injunctions against future trespass.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of an information technology staffing company in a lawsuit filed by a former employee alleging disability discrimination based on mental health issues, disparate treatment, and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
- Represented Oklahoma metal alloy trader in breach of contract action against two multi-national steel companies that failed to take and pay for contracted quantities of metal alloys following the economic crisis of 2007. This case resulted in a $3.2 million verdict that allowed the company to remain viable.
- Assisted in representation of microwave manufacturer in lawsuit alleging that a defect in the microwave resulted in a house fire. The case was tried to a jury, which returned a defense verdict. Successfully defended the verdict and judgment on appeal.
- Assisted in the successful representation of a large accounting firm in a professional negligence action. This case resulted in a summary judgment in favor of the accounting firm, which was affirmed on appeal.
- Assisted in representation of trust beneficiary in action by banking institution and trustee for alleged overpayments. This case resulted in a stay of proceedings against the beneficiary on grounds of federal court abstention.
- Assisted in representation of a professional corporation in action regarding entitlement to assets following dissolution. This case resulted in a favorable opinion by the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Representation of insurance carriers in cases involving claims of bad faith and breach of contract.
- Coverage analysis of insurance policies including commercial general liability, homeowners, and liquor liability policies.
- Assisted in successful representation of a large forestry company in actions against numerous trespassers claiming prescriptive rights to the company’s property.
- Obtained multiple summary judgments in favor of hospitality services provider in third-party claims for defense and indemnity.
- Assisted in representation of lender in a breach of contract action against borrower. This case resulted in a six-figure judgment in favor of the lender.
- Assisted in representation of employers in actions by employees’ representatives for wrongful death.
- Obtained injunction against former employee prohibiting solicitation of employer’s customers.
Honors and Awards
- Listed in Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s up-and-coming attorneys
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Tulsa County Bar Association (Bench and Bar Committee)
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Council Oak/Johnson-Sontag American Inn of Court (Member and Former Administrator)
Civic Involvement and Leadership
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (Tulsa’s 20 New Leaders, 2008)
Consumer class actions 50-state survey
Federal jurisdiction based on removal: A 50-state survey
Update on punitive damages claims: A 50-state survey
In The News
August 28, 2014