Kym Carrier is a trial lawyer whose practice encompasses a wide range of commercial litigation and arbitration matters, including products liability, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas, real estate, insurance coverage, trusts, intellectual property, banking and securities. Kym has extensive experience in both trial and appellate work.
Prior to entering law school, Kym worked for several years in the banking industry.
- Representation of individuals and companies in business and commercial litigation and arbitration.
- Representation of industrial and consumer product manufacturers in products liability cases.
- Representation of both creditors and debtors in creditors' rights issues.
- Representation of clients in real estate litigation, including land use disputes, title disputes and commercial lease disputes.
- Representation of numerous defendants in asbestos litigation.
- Representation of individuals and businesses in insurance coverage disputes.
- Representation of wholesale food distributors in various contract, business tort and employment disputes.
- Obtained summary judgment for large manufacturer in tortuous interference claim brought by European distributor. Successfully defended decision on appeal to Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Trained and managed 15 of the firm’s lawyers while maintaining an active caseload in the firm’s defense of pharmaceutical company Wyeth in Phen-Fen litigation. Also worked to identify and retain in-state medical experts.
- Successfully represented the leading manufacturer of direct-fired heaters used in refineries worldwide in a theft of trade secrets case against its former president.
- Successfully defended an individual trustee in a breach of fiduciary duty case in the Western District of Oklahoma.
- Obtained defense verdict in favor of an independent oil and gas company in a lawsuit involving allegations of violations of the Oklahoma Trade Secrets Act and Lanham Act as well as tortious interference, fraud, conversion, civil conspiracy, and negligent supervision and entrustment.
Honors and Awards
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association (Family Law Section; Founding Chair, Environmental Law Section)
- American Bar Association (Family Law Section)
Civic Involvement and Leadership
- Oklahoma Lawyers for Children
- Oklahoma City Festival of the Arts (Committee Co-Chair)
In The News
The Oklahoman | April 25, 2007