Sasha Beling is a registered patent attorney whose practice encompasses all aspects of intellectual property law, including patents, trademarks, copyrights, licensing, Internet law, unfair competition, and trade secrets.
Sasha routinely assists clients in all stages of the trademark and patent application process and enforcement of existing patents and trademarks. She also executes clearance, prosecution, and maintenance for trademarks and patents. Her comprehensive IP practice includes portfolio management, infringement analysis, validity studies, preparation of legal opinions, drafting and negotiating contracts relating to intellectual property, and counseling clients with respect to advertising, copyright, Internet, licensing and related matters.
Sasha’s intellectual property litigation experience includes the representation of clients in federal courts and before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
She has helped individuals and companies of all sizes create and implement programs to promote and foster development of new intellectual property, protect and maintain existing intellectual property, and avoid intellectual property infringement litigation.
Sasha's achievements have earned her inclusion in Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s top up-and-coming attorneys.
Sasha holds a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Oklahoma State University. While attending law school at the University of Oklahoma, Sasha interned with the Office of General Counsel and the Office of Technology Development where she assisted external patent counsel and researched various intellectual property issues affecting the Office of Technology Development.
In her free time, Sasha enjoys sailing on Lake Hefner and surrounding areas and training in the martial art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- Prepared and prosecuted numerous patent applications around the world in a broad range of technology areas and industries, including mechanical, electrical, electrical-mechanical, chemical processes, software, medical devices, automotive, oil and gas, consumer toys, and medical and food industries.
- Represented clients in intellectual property disputes before federal courts and administrative bodies, including the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, including post-grant review proceedings.
- Performed patent infringement and validity studies.
- Counseled clients in the mechanical, electrical, chemical, software, computers, investment, automotive, oil and gas, consumer toys, medical and food industries.
- Represented numerous individuals and entities, including alcoholic beverage manufacturers, medical device manufacturers and medical providers, national food chains and manufacturers, and national retail chains, with respect to trademark clearance and prosecution (e.g., searches, opinion letters, filing, appeals and maintenance of applications and registrations), opposition and cancellation proceedings, and licensing, protection, and defense of trademarks in the United States and abroad.
- Advised national corporations on compliance with federal food labeling requirements.
- Represented many companies in the compilation, documentation and transfer of intellectual property portfolios as part of various business transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions.
- Obtained favorable settlement for multi-state sporting goods retailer in trademark infringement suit in the Southern District of Florida.
- Obtained favorable settlement in favor of oil and gas component manufacturer in a suit alleging patent and trademark infringement and unfair competition claims in the Northern District of Oklahoma.
- Represented numerous entities with respect to enforcement of intellectual property rights involving print and online media, including a wide array of social media.
- Counseled, negotiated, and drafted a wide range of contracts, including:
- Technology agreements, such as research, joint development, nondisclosure, and consulting agreements
- Agreements related to the licensing or sale of technology, patents, trademarks, software, copyrights and data
- Agreements related to information technology (IT), open source issues, complex software development, and licensing and acquisition
- Service, purchase, ownership, and other intellectual property agreements
- Terms and privacy policies governing websites and mobile apps
Honors and Awards
- Named to Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s up-and-coming attorneys
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
Civic Involvement and Leadership
- Redbud Classic (Board of Directors, 2012-2014)
Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation to impact electronic marketing and communications
McAfee & Taft tIPsheet | November 2012
In The News
The Oklahoman | October 23, 2015
The Oklahoman | October 25, 2012