Webinars & Seminars
13th Annual FAA Registry Forum: The Cape Town Convention and Aircraft Protocol
This two-day conference, which will be held at the Eden Roc Renaissance Resort & Spa in Miami Beach, FL, on February 6th and 7th, is being presented by the Strategic Research Institute and co-sponsored by McAfee & Taft.
With Malaysia joining the Cape Town Convention on November 2, 2005, the number of countries required to bring the treaty into force was reached. The Cape Town Convention will enter into force on March 1, 2006.
Join McAfee & Taft and other leading industry practitioners and experts from the aviation, legal, government and financial community. This program will discuss up-to-the minute trends, changes in aircraft registration and detailed updates on:
- The First Step to Cape Town Convention: FAA Aircraft Registration, Lien Perfection and the Continued Role of the United States FAA Registry
- Introduction to the Cape Town Convention
- Detailed Review and Analysis of the Cape Town Convention and Aircraft Protocol
- International Registry: What Will It Look Like, and How Will It Work?
- Implementation of Cape Town Convention in the United States
- Importing and Exporting Aircraft after Cape Town
- Owning, Leasing and Financing Engines: What the Cape Town Convention Will Offer and What Will It Change
- Documentation and Negotiation Workshop
Frank Polk, leader of the firm’s aviation practice group, will co-chair the two-day event, while shareholders Erin Van Laanen and Scott McCreary will be featured presenters.