At The Podium
2017 in Review — Impacts of a New Administration on Employment Law
In his presentation at McAfee & Taft’s 2017 Corporate Counsel Seminar titled “2017 in Review – Impacts of a New Administration on Employment Law,” labor and employment attorney Paul Ross reviews the regulatory environment under the new Trump administration, shares his insights on how changes in leadership at the DOL, EEOC and NLRB are likely to affect which Obama-era labor and employment policies and practices are here to stay and which ones are likely to be rolled back, and alerts employers to hot-button topics making their way through the court system.
- Return of DOL opinion letters
- DOL’s revised stance on who is an independent contractor and who is a joint employer
- Agency and court interpretations regarding whether sexual orientation discrimination is prohibited by Title VII
- Expected changes in policies, practices and guidance by the National Labor Relations Board
- Avoiding sexual harassment claims