At The Podium
401(k) Compliance and Enforcement Update
Within the past year, the Internal Revenue Service and the U.S. Department of Labor have issued new guidance impacting 401(k) retirement plans. At the same time, new lawsuits have been filed against plan fiduciaries. The list of rules that plan administrators must keep track of is longer than ever – and the stakes are higher than ever.
During this complimentary one-hour webinar, McAfee & Taft ERISA attorneys Brandon Long, Judy Burdg and Melissa Cottle will review new guidance issued by the IRS and DOL and give guidance to plan sponsors and fiduciaries on how to maintain compliance and reduce liability.
- New lawsuits and what we can learn from them
- New IRS guidance regarding proper documentation for hardship distributions
- Documentation needed for participant loans
- As of June 9, 2017, the DOL fiduciary rule is finally “applicable” – and what that means
- How changes at the IRS have impacted 401(k) plans
- Changes to IRS plan correction guidance
- Where the industry seems to be headed