At The Podium
A Balanced Look at Overcoming Challenges in UM/UIM Law
Jodi Dishman, a trial lawyer with extensive experience in the field of insurance defense litigation, presents on two timely topics at the National Business Institute’s “Advanced Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Law” CLE seminar in Oklahoma City, OK, on December 13, 2016.
In her presentation titled “Determining Coverage and Valuing Damages in UM/UIM Cases,” Jodi provides an overview of Oklahoma state law regarding uninsured motorist coverage and reviews how state and federal courts in Oklahoma have recently ruled in UM cases involving contract and bad faith claims. Other topics covered include:
- The four elements an insured must prove in seeking UM benefits
- UM/UIM insurance coverage policy provisions and how to interpret them
- The complexities of applying the “Made Whole” Doctrine
- The UM claims valuation process
- Managing complexities of wrongful death claims
- Tips for working with medical experts
In her second presentation titled “Stacking Insurance Coverage and Uninsured Motorist Set-Offs,” Jodi reviews Oklahoma law as it pertains to an insured’s ability to “stack” UM coverage limits, explains when a negligent motorist is considered uninsured or underinsured under state law, and discusses when offsets for UM claims may apply.
Best Western Plus Saddleback Inn & Conference Center
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma