At The Podium
Ad Valorem, Sales and Use, and Other State Taxes: Tools, tips and traps
In their presentation at McAfee & Taft’s 2017 Corporate Counsel Seminar, attorneys Jennifer Callahan and Rob Garbrecht provide an overview of how Oklahoma’s ad valorem and sales and use taxes are calculated and assessed, review available resources from state and county agencies, and offer practical tips for minimizing tax liability.
- Ad valorem tax valuation mechanics for real and personal property
- Requirements for securing charitable and manufacturing exemptions on property taxes
- Types of sales transactions subject to Oklahoma tax
- Oklahoma sales tax exemptions
- Sales tax traps associated with corporate transactions and M&A deals