AI, Algorithms and HR Software in the Workplace: Caveats and Concerns
With more and more companies turning to artificial intelligence, algorithms, and other software tools to assist them in making important employment decisions — including hiring, firing and evaluating employee performance — employers should be aware of the legal and business risks that can arise from using such technology.
During this complimentary webinar, McAfee & Taft employment attorney Elizabeth Bowersox and cybersecurity and privacy attorney Sasha Beling join forces to assist human resources and technology professionals in understanding how new HR software tools are being used by employers in the workplace, the risks and rewards of using them, and why having a robust data privacy and cybersecurity strategy in place is more important than ever. They’ll also discuss best practices for maintaining compliance with current laws and guidance.
Topics covered include:
- How AI and machine learning are transforming the modern workplace
- Recent EEOC and DOJ guidance on the use of AI and software tools to make employment decisions
- How the Americans with Disabilities Act and the use of technology intersect in the workplace
- How to address employee privacy concerns
- Cybersecurity and data protection issues
This webinar is now available for on-demand viewing. Register below to receive immediate access. NOTE: This viewing is not eligible HRCI/SHRM credit. Pre-registration by July 25, 2022 was required to qualify for and receive HRCI or SHRM credit.