Webinars & Seminars
Audits, audits everywhere: How to respond to Medicare audits and the 60-day repayment rule
For fiscal year 2019, CMS’s Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT) program estimated that nearly $29 billion in improper payments were made to Medicare providers and suppliers. To no one’s surprise, the government wants that money back, and in an effort to do so, they employ an alphabet soup of Medicare investigatory methods — ADR, CERT, RAC, TPE and ZPIC/UPIC , to name a few — to uncover overpayments due to improper coding and billing practices and suspected fraud.
In this webinar, McAfee & Taft healthcare attorneys Patricia Rogers and Elizabeth Dalton are joined by special guest Renee Brown, a certified billing, coding and auditing consultant, in looking beyond industry lingo to assist Medicare providers in responding, appealing and complying with Medicare audits and the 60-day repayment rule.
- A primer on the various types of Medicare requests and audits and how to respond to them
- Significant RAC audit issues for physicians, practitioners and DME suppliers in 2020
- Best practices for responding to record requests and audits
- Medicare providers’ appeal rights and procedures
- Provider obligations under the CMS 60-day repayment rule, including when the OIG self-disclosure protocol is appropriate
- Penalties for non-compliance
- Ongoing compliance activities to audit and monitor coding and billing
This webinar is now available for on-demand viewing. Register below to receive immediate access.