Webinars & Seminars
Avoiding wage and hour pitfalls during the pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused serious disruption to most every workplace. In many instances, salaries or hours have had to be cut, schedules have been altered, job duties have morphed, internal processes have been changed, and more and more employees are being asked to telecommute. In other cases, some companies are seeing a surge in business and trying their best just to keep up.
During this complimentary webinar, McAfee & Taft labor and employment attorneys Elizabeth Bowersox, Philip Bruce, and Kirk Turner review the unique wage and hour compliance issues, risks and pitfalls created as result of the coronavirus pandemic and discuss best practices for avoiding wage and hour investigations and lawsuits. Topics include:
- Risks of non-compliance with the Families First Coronavirus Relief Act
- Common timekeeping pitfalls
- Unique issues and risks arising from cuts to employee wages and salaries
- How to deal with unproductive employees
- Employee classification and misclassification risks
- Considerations when charging employees for teleworking equipment and PPE
- Strategies for dealing with overtime and incentives for certain employees
McAfee & Taft is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program was pre-approved for 1.25 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Pre-registration by June 9, 2020 was required to qualify for and receive HRCI or SHRM credit.
This webinar is now available for on-demand viewing. Register below for immediate access.