At The Podium
Benefit plan audits: Best practices for avoiding common problems
Brandon P. Long
Would you be prepared if the IRS audited your company’s retirement plan? Furthermore, do you know what the auditors are looking for?
McAfee & Taft employee benefits lawyer Brandon Long discusses best practices for avoiding common plan errors and staying prepared for a benefit plan audit when he speaks at the Pension Focus Conference 2016 on May 20, 2016, in Branson, Missouri. Topics include:
- Current IRS audit initiatives
- Importance of internal controls in preventing and identifying plan operational errors
- Common errors found during audits
- Options under the Employee Plans Compliance Resolution Program (EPCRS)
- Why every plan sponsor should regularly conduct a self-audit
Sponsored by Pension Consultants, Inc., the Pension Focus Conference provides plan sponsors, administrators, accountants and record-keepers with current information about retirement plans, including new IRS and DOL rules and regulation, economic updates, and more.