Allison McGrew is a transactional lawyer whose practice is concentrated on the representation of clients in matters involving the buying, selling, leasing, financing and registration of aircraft, as well as other matters that fall under the purview of the Federal Transportation Code, Federal Aviation Administration Regulations, FAA Aircraft Registry, and Cape Town Convention on International Interests in Mobile Equipment and the Aircraft Protocol. Much of her work involves the documentation of aircraft transactions and aircraft title and registration matters, as well as negotiating and drafting contracts.
With the rise in popularity of the use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs or “drones”) for personal use and business or commercial purposes, Allison has expanded her practice in recent years to include the representation of owners of unmanned aircraft systems in registering those drones with the FAA Civil Aircraft Registry and lenders in perfecting security and leasehold interests in drones. She also advises clients on federal laws and regulations related to the operation of drones and was a researcher and contributor to the “Digital Signatures, Subordinations and Drones” chapter of the 2017 edition of the International Comparative Legal Guide to Aviation Law.
Allison’s achievements have earned her inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch (transportation law).Download Bio (PDF)
- Represent public and private companies of all sizes in the registration of large unmanned aircraft systems (UAS or “drones”) with the FAA Civil Aircraft Registry under the Transportation Code and Part 47 of the Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Advise clients on FAA registration requirements applicable to various types of unmanned aircraft used for business, commercial and recreational purposes.
- Advise clients on FAA requirements to perfect security and leasehold interests in drones.
- Represent lenders and leasing corporations with regard to aircraft registration matters and the perfection of security and leasehold interests in aircraft, engines and propellers.
- Assist individuals and business entities of all sizes with the purchase, sale and registration of corporate and commercial aircraft, including interests in fractional programs.
- Advise clients regarding the status of the FAA and IR records, and draft documents (releases, terminations, disclaimers, amendments, bills of sale, etc.) to resolve title and lien issues.
- Act as escrow agent for the disbursement of funds and documents for lenders, leasing companies, corporate entities and individuals in the aircraft industry.
Honors and Awards
Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch (transportation law)
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association
Civic Involvement and Leadership
- Edmond First United Methodist Church (Visioning Committee)