Andrew L. Richardson is an experienced trial lawyer whose practice is primarily focused on representing manufacturers and distributors in products liability litigation and other complex business disputes. He has particularly extensive experience in the representation of automotive and transportation-related manufacturers and suppliers, as well as insurance clients, in a wide variety of tort and contract cases, including those involving class actions. Andy has actively participated in the successful defense in numerous jury trials in state and federal courts and has defended manufacturers in litigation throughout the Midwest and Southwest. He also has extensive experience coordinating discovery efforts on behalf of business organizations, including complex discovery motion practice, and the preparation and defense of employee depositions.
Andy also has served as counsel to nonprofit organizations in the Tulsa area.
Andy is a graduate of the International Association of Defense Counsel’s Trial Academy and is a past officer in the Northeastern Oklahoma Chapter of the Federal Bar Association. His achievements in litigation have earned him inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (commercial litigation) and Oklahoma Super Lawyers.
The native Tulsan lives with his wife Natalie, daughter Julia, and sons Drew and Patrick and is an active supporter of several nonprofit organizations within the community. He regularly volunteers his time for youth soccer programs and has served as a tutor at Crossroads Academy and as a volunteer for the Simon Estes Educational Foundation, a multiracial nonprofit organization committed to providing higher educational opportunities for graduating high school seniors.Download Bio (PDF)
- Obtained defense verdict in favor of a Fortune 10 auto manufacturer in a multimillion-dollar wrongful death action alleging defective design and manufacturing of a pickup truck’s roof structure and safety belt system.
- Successfully defended major product manufacturer in Oklahoma federal court in lawsuit alleging a defect in the brake system of a pickup truck.
- Successfully defended product manufacturer in Arkansas federal court lawsuit alleging a defect in the air bag system of a sport utility vehicle.
- Successfully defended major automobile manufacturer in Arkansas federal court in lawsuit alleging defect in the suspension system of a sport utility vehicle.
- Successfully defended major automobile manufacturer in Oklahoma state court lawsuit alleging a defect in the transmission of a van.
- Successfully defended major automobile manufacturer in Oklahoma state court in wrongful death lawsuit alleging defect in an automotive seat system.
- Successfully defended foreign manufacturer in Oklahoma federal court in wrongful death lawsuit alleging a defect in the roof structure of a pickup truck.
- Successfully defended a case in federal court in Arkansas involving a woman who claimed that a defect in a vehicle caused the deaths of her husband and four children.
- Successfully defended manufacturer of steel furnace system in a case involving an industrial accident.
- Obtained a unanimous defendant’s verdict representing a big three auto manufacturer in a wrongful death case in Washington County, OK, in which plaintiff alleged the subject vehicle had a defective restraint system.
Honors and Awards
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (commercial litigation)
- Listed in Oklahoma Super Lawyers
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
Civic Involvement and Leadership
- Leadership Tulsa (Class 39)
- Crossroads Academy (Tutor)
- Simon Estes Educational Foundation (Volunteer)