Anna Imose is a trial attorney whose practice is focused on general civil litigation, including insurance litigation, ERISA litigation, and complex business litigation.
Anna is also a member of the firm’s Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Group, representing clients facing complex cybersecurity, privacy and data challenges. Her work in this area includes counseling companies on best practices to mitigate data breach and cyber liability, reviewing and interpreting insurance policies for scope and extent of cyber liability and data breach coverage, and reviewing and negotiating vendor/third-party contracts for provisions regarding data protection and shifting data breach and cyber liability.
Anna graduated from the honors program at Baylor University with a bachelor’s degree in political science in 2010 and went on to earn her Juris Doctor from the University of Oklahoma College of Law in 2014. While in law school, she was named to the Order of the Barristers, was a member of the National Moot Court Competition Team and the Black Law Students’ Association, and worked as a research assistant. While pursuing her law degree, she also served as a law clerk to the Honorable David B. Lewis with the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals, worked at U.S. District Court Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Oklahoma, and completed alternative dispute resolution training through the Oklahoma Supreme Court Early Settlement Program to obtain her certification to perform mediations in Oklahoma County, Cleveland County, and municipal courts.
While an undergraduate, she served as a legal advocate for the Family Abuse Center of Waco for two years and as an elementary after-school program coordinator through AmeriCorps for one year.Download Bio (PDF)
- Obtained dismissal of ERISA action for national insurer in federal court over insurer’s termination of long-term disability benefits. Affirmed on appeal to the Eighth Circuit.
- Defended bank in Texas state court against claims alleging liability related to negligent construction of luxury condominiums. Matter settled for substantially less than the millions being sought by parties suing bank.
- Represented numerous insurers in ERISA-governed actions regarding long-term disability and short-term disability benefits. All matters resolved for substantially less than the amount being sought by the claimants.
- Represented numerous insurers in disputes over uninsured or underinsured motorists and medical payment benefits in state and federal courts, involving issues of coverage and bad faith.
- In multiple similar lawsuits alleging breach of contract and bad faith against national insurer regarding handling of windshield repair claims, obtained either dismissal of both claims or dismissal of bad faith claim leaving stand-alone contract claim.
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association