Anna Wolfe is a trial attorney whose state and federal practice is focused on general civil litigation, including insurance litigation, ERISA litigation, and complex business litigation.
Her insurance litigation practice involves the defense of national insurance companies in coverage disputes and against claims of bad faith, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and negligent underwriting involving a broad range of policies, including home, auto, uninsured and underinsured motorist, life, health and disability. She also devotes a portion of her practice to the defense of leading manufacturers and distributors in product liability lawsuits.
Anna is also a member of the firm’s Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Group, representing clients facing complex cybersecurity, privacy and data challenges. Her work in this area includes counseling companies on best practices to mitigate data breach and cyber liability, reviewing and interpreting insurance policies for scope and extent of cyber liability and data breach coverage, and reviewing and negotiating vendor/third-party contracts for provisions regarding data protection and shifting data breach and cyber liability.
Anna’s achievements have earned her inclusion in Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s top up-and-coming attorneys.Download Bio (PDF)
- Obtained dismissal of ERISA action for national insurer in federal court over insurer’s termination of long-term disability benefits. Affirmed on appeal to the Eighth Circuit.
- Defended bank in Texas state court against claims alleging liability related to negligent construction of luxury condominiums. Matter settled for substantially less than the millions being sought by parties suing bank.
- Represented numerous insurers in ERISA-governed actions regarding long-term disability and short-term disability benefits. All matters resolved for substantially less than the amount being sought by the claimants.
- Represented numerous insurers in disputes over uninsured or underinsured motorists and medical payment benefits in state and federal courts, involving issues of coverage and bad faith.
- In multiple similar lawsuits alleging breach of contract and bad faith against national insurer regarding handling of windshield repair claims, obtained either dismissal of both claims or dismissal of bad faith claim leaving stand-alone contract claim.
- Briefed contributory negligence and comparative fault as affirmative defenses in multiple wrongful death and personal injury cases premised upon product and premises liability, ultimately obtaining favorable settlements.
- Litigated against the exercise of personal jurisdiction over major automotive manufacturer in product liability actions filed in unfavorable venue.
- Briefed choice of law analysis in product liability action to obtain application of favorable statute of repose.
- Successfully defended manufacturer of cement mixer truck in wrongful death case premised on product liability in Oklahoma state court.
- Routinely provide formal and informal coverage opinions to insures to assist in coverage determinations
- In multiple lawsuits alleging bad faith or bad faith and breach of contract against national insurer, litigate matters of first impression regarding the meaning of key provisions in the governing automobile insurance policy.
Honors and Awards
Listed in Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s up-and-coming attorneys
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association