Bonner Gonzalez is a corporate and tax attorney who represents individuals, privately held businesses and public companies in the areas of business and tax planning, tax-advantaged activities, complex business transactions, family wealth and estate planning, and local, state and federal taxation. He currently serves as leader of the firm’s Manufacturing and Logistics Industry Group.
His experience includes structuring complex business entities and tax-exempt organizations, completing stock and asset acquisitions, working on complex mergers and acquisitions, and advising clients as to the best structure in which to hold existing assets. He has also successfully represented clients in tax disputes with the Oklahoma Tax Commission and Internal Revenue Service.
A portion of Bonner’s practice is also dedicated to family wealth and estate planning and has included the utilization of a number of sophisticated wealth transfer tax planning strategies, including sales to grantor trusts, private annuity transactions and valuation discount planning.
Bonner’s achievements have earned him inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (corporate law; tax law) and Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s top up-and-coming attorneys.
Bonner holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting and law degree from the University of Oklahoma and a master of laws degree in taxation from New York University.Download Bio (PDF)
- Representation of businesses and individuals in asset sales and purchases, stock sales and purchases, and other merger and acquisition transactions.
- Counsel to buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions, including tax-free reorganizations.
- Income tax planning.
- Tax-deferred exchanges.
- Structuring transactions to quality for tax incentives, including the New Market Tax Credits and various state tax credits.
- Multi-generational wealth transfer and business succession planning.
- Company reorganizations and restructurings, including spin-offs, split-offs and split-ups.
- Representation of businesses and individuals in state and federal tax controversies, including working with the Oklahoma Tax Commission and the Internal Revenue Service.
Honors and Awards
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (corporate law; tax law)
- Named to Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s up-and-coming attorneys
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association