Bruce Crum’s practice is primarily concerned with regulatory and transactional matters affecting banks, bank holding companies and other financial institutions. Bruce also represents both purchasers and sellers in private equity capital leveraged transactions involving financial as well as strategic parties.
Bruce joined McAfee & Taft in 1977. His achievements and expertise have earned him inclusion in Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Oklahoma Super Lawyers and The Best Lawyers in America (banking and finance law; business organizations; corporate law; financial services regulation law). He was selected by Best Lawyers as the “Oklahoma City Banking and Finance Lawyer of the Year” in 2012 and “Oklahoma City Financial Services Regulation Lawyer of the Year” for 2015 and 2019, honors only given to a single lawyer in each legal specialty in each community.
Bruce serves as a director of The Reconciliation Education Project, Inc., a Washington D.C.-based nonprofit organization that develops educational programs for young people designed to advance leadership and reconciliation in the United States. He is a former member of Oklahoma’s Incentive Review Committee, which was established by the Oklahoma Legislature in 2004 to review tax and other incentives provided by the State of Oklahoma to attract industry. He was appointed by the Governor and served for two four-year terms.Download Bio (PDF)
- Representation of bank holding company financed by a group of private equity firms and organized to acquire community banks located in Oklahoma and Kansas. Representation included the initial organization and regulatory approval phase, the acquisition of numerous community banks for cash and stock, and the ultimate sale of the bank holding company in a stock acquisition to a publicly traded bank holding company.
- Representation of numerous local and regional banks and bank holding companies in a variety of regulatory matters.
- Representation of local and regional banks, bank holding companies and savings banks in acquisitions of other insured depository institutions on both an intra- and inter-state basis.
- Representation of bank-owned SBIC in private equity and venture capital investments.
- Representation of private equity-financed company organized to acquire a large Wendy’s franchise from the private equity subsidiary of a major money-center bank. Representation included the initial structuring and purchase, ongoing financing and acquisition matters, and the ultimate sale of the company to another financial buyer.
Honors and Awards
- Listed in the Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (banking and finance law; corporate law; business organizations; financial services regulation law)
- Named “Oklahoma City Banking and Finance Lawyer of the Year” for 2012 and “Oklahoma City Financial Services Regulation Lawyer of the Year” for 2015 and 2019 by The Best Lawyers in America
- Listed in Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association
Civic Involvement and Leadership
- Reconciliation Education Project, Inc. (REP)
- Incentive Review Committee for the State of Oklahoma (Gubernatorial Appointment)
- Colgate University Alumni Corporation (Former Member of the Board of Directors)