Chase Webb is a registered patent attorney whose practice is focused on intellectual property counseling and transactional matters involving patents, trademarks, copyrights, licensing agreements, and trade secrets.
Prior to joining the firm, Chase was a registered patent agent with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Chase’s achievements have earned him inclusion in Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s top up-and-coming attorneys.Download Bio (PDF)
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a professional athlete in a suit alleging unauthorized use of his likeness filed in Oklahoma County, Oklahoma.
- Prepared and prosecuted numerous patent applications around the world in a broad range of technology areas and industries, including mechanical, chemical processes, software, oil and gas, and food industries.
- Represented clients in intellectual property disputes before federal courts.
- Represented clients in intellectual property disputes before administrative bodies, including the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
- Performed patent infringement, patent non-infringement, and validity studies.
- Represented licensors and licensees in patent, trademark and copyright matters, including drafting and negotiating contracts.
- Represented clients in the sale and acquisition of intellectual property assets.
- Represented numerous individuals and entities with respect to trademark clearance and prosecution (e.g., searches, opinion letters, filing, appeals, and maintenance of applications and registrations), opposition and cancellation proceedings, and licensing, protection, and defense of trademarks in the United States and around the world.
- Represented numerous individuals and entities with respect to enforcement of intellectual property rights (e.g., patents, trademarks, and copyrights) involving print and online media, including a wide array of social media such as Facebook®, YouTube®, and Instagram®.
- Counseled, negotiated and drafted a wide range of contracts, including technology agreements, such as non-disclosure agreements and consulting agreements, agreements related to licensing or sale of technology, patents, trademarks, and software, and agreements related to information technology, open source issues, and complex software development.
- Represented numerous entities in proceedings before the National Arbitration Forum in accordance with the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP).
- Represented numerous entities involving the review and negotiation of commercial software licenses, promotional contest terms and conditions, and terms and privacy policies governing various commercial websites and mobile apps.
- Represented numerous entities in the prosecution and filing of copyrights.
- Represented numerous entities based abroad in matters in the United States, including patent prosecution.
- Counseled and represented client with respect to a data breach, including:
- Reviewing and analyzing all 50 States’ data breach notification requirements to State agencies
- Reviewing and analyzing all 50 States’ data breach notification requirements to consumers
- Undertaking notification of a data breach to various State agencies across the United States, including conferencing with Attorney General Office in the respective States
- Undertaking notification of a data breach to consumers throughout the United States
Honors and Awards
Listed in Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s up-and-coming attorneys
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association