Chase Webb is a registered patent attorney whose practice is focused on intellectual property counseling and transactional matters involving patents, trademarks, copyrights, licensing agreements, and trade secrets.
Prior to joining the firm, Chase was a registered patent agent with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
The Tulsa native earned a bachelor’s degree in applied physical analysis from Creighton University in 2012 and graduated cum laude with a Juris Doctor from the Creighton University School of Law in 2015. While in law school, he served as president of the Intellectual Property Law Society, participated in the INTA Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition, and was the recipient of the Law Dean’s Academic Scholarship. As an undergraduate, he worked as a research assistant for the university’s physics department and was a member of the Creighton men’s division I baseball team.Download Bio (PDF)
- Prepared and prosecuted numerous patent applications around the world in a broad range of technology areas and industries, including mechanical, chemical processes, software, oil and gas, and food industries.
- Represented clients in intellectual property disputes before federal courts.
- Represented clients in intellectual property disputes before administrative bodies, including the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
- Performed patent infringement, patent non-infringement, and validity studies.
- Represented licensors and licensees in patent, trademark and copyright matters, including drafting and negotiating contracts.
- Represented clients in the sale and acquisition of intellectual property assets.
- Represented numerous individuals and entities with respect to trademark clearance and prosecution (e.g., searches, opinion letters, filing, appeals, and maintenance of applications and registrations), opposition and cancellation proceedings, and licensing, protection, and defense of trademarks in the United States and around the world.
- Represented numerous individuals and entities with respect to enforcement of intellectual property rights (e.g., patents, trademarks, and copyrights) involving print and online media, including a wide array of social media such as Facebook®, YouTube®, and Instagram®.
- Counseled, negotiated and drafted a wide range of contracts, including technology agreements, such as non-disclosure agreements and consulting agreements, agreements related to licensing or sale of technology, patents, trademarks, and software, and agreements related to information technology, open source issues, and complex software development.
- Represented numerous entities in proceedings before the National Arbitration Forum in accordance with the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP).
- Represented numerous entities involving the review and negotiation of commercial software licenses, promotional contest terms and conditions, and terms and privacy policies governing various commercial websites and mobile apps.
- Represented numerous entities in the prosecution and filing of copyrights.
- Represented numerous entities based abroad in matters in the United States, including patent prosecution.
- Counseled and represented client with respect to a data breach, including:
- Reviewing and analyzing all 50 States’ data breach notification requirements to State agencies
- Reviewing and analyzing all 50 States’ data breach notification requirements to consumers
- Undertaking notification of a data breach to various State agencies across the United States, including conferencing with Attorney General Office in the respective States
- Undertaking notification of a data breach to consumers throughout the United States
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association