Christian Barnard is a family law attorney whose practice is focused on helping clients navigate the difficult, often confusing, legal issues surrounding highly personal domestic issues. His practice encompasses all aspects of family law, including prenuptial agreements, legal separation, divorce disputes and the related division of personal and business property and debts, alimony and child support payments, child custody, guardianship matters, and adoptions. He also represents clients in mediation and litigation related to the modification of alimony and child support agreements.
In addition to his legal practice at the firm, Christian serves on the board of directors of the South Tulsa Community House, a nonprofit organization that provides “a place for families and individuals to find needed assistance so as to empower them to self-sufficiency, and a more productive life.”
Christian’s achievements have earned him inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (family law) and Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s top up-and-coming attorneys.Download Bio (PDF)
- Representation of clients in all aspects of the litigation of dissolutions of marriage proceedings.
- Representation of clients in in all aspects of the litigation of paternity proceedings.
- Representation of clients in in all aspects of the litigation of administrative proceedings before the Oklahoma Department of Human Services.
- Litigated and obtained appropriate orders modifying or terminating child custody, child support, visitation and alimony.
- Representation of clients in in all aspects of the prosecution or defense of protective and restraining orders.
- Resolved multi-state custody conflicts involving Oklahoma, Texas, Utah and California.
- Representation of clients in the drafting and implementation of prenuptial agreements.
- Representation of clients in post-judgment appeals arising from dissolutions of marriage proceedings.
Honors and Awards
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (family law)
- Named to Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s up-and-coming attorneys
- Named to the Tulsa Business & Legal News’ list of The Tulsa 40, which recognizes 40 people under 40 making a difference in the community (2016)
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Tulsa County Bar Association (Family Law Section)
- Oklahoma Bar Association (Family Law Section)
Civic Involvement and Leadership
- South Tulsa Community House (Board of Directors)