Drew Webb’s practice concentrates in commercial litigation and arbitration. He has extensive experience in disputes involving banking, commercial credit, real estate (including title and ad valorem taxes), bankruptcy, construction contracts, energy, trusts and estates, fiduciary responsibilities, and insurance. Drew has received extensive training in mediation and arbitration and handles primarily large and complex matters and advocates in arbitration, bankruptcy matters and traditional civil litigation.
He also advises clients in relation to records and information management issues, including retention/destruction, pre-litigation e-discovery planning and compliance, and case-specific e-discovery issues.
Drew’s achievements have earned him inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (bankruptcy litigation; commercial litigation; construction litigation; real estate litigation) and Oklahoma Super Lawyers.Download Bio (PDF)
- Negotiated judgment for $20 million valuation reduction In ad valorem tax dispute concerning an industrial building and office tower, based on development and pre-trial presentation of expert testimony from an appraiser, commercial real estate specialist, and economist.
- Obtained trial victory for Big Lots Stores, Inc., a national close-out retailer of name-brand merchandise, in an appeal of an ad valorem tax valuation of the company’s warehouse in Durant, OK, resulting in substantial tax savings to the company.
- After conducting extensive discovery and litigation, negotiated settlement for cellular telephone company in case alleging breach of contract against telecommunications supplier related to the purchase of 3G cellular data network.
- Following 28 days of arbitration and the litigation of more than 100 claims and counterclaims, negotiated settlement for sheet metal fabricator in a complex commercial contract dispute with an international engineering, architecture and construction firm.
- Extensive practice in business litigation, bankruptcy and arbitration issues and enforcement of arbitration provisions.
- Extensive industry-specific experience in litigation of disputes concerning banking, commercial credit, real estate, bankruptcy, construction contracts, energy, ad valorem taxation, partnerships, trust and estates, and insurance.
- InvesTrust, N.A. vs. Wynona Ellison, et al., Case No. 113,792, Okla. Civ. App. (fiduciary litigation; successfully defended trust instruments against claims of testator’s incapacity; successfully defended trustees’ construction of trust instruments and administration of trusts)
- In re Crusader Energy Group, Inc., et al., Case No. 09-31797, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, S. D. Tex. (bankruptcy, lead counsel, represented creditor Chesapeake Energy)
- In re Hallwood Energy, L.P., et al., Case No. 09-31253-11, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, S. D. Tex. (bankruptcy, lead counsel, represented creditor Chesapeake Energy)
- In re SemCrude, L.P., et al., Case No. 08-11525, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, D. Del.; Special Energy Corp. v. SemCrude, L.P., et al.; Adversary Case No. 08-51397 (bankruptcy adversary proceeding, tracing of trust funds, represented Special Energy Corp.)
- In re Baldwin, Case No. 04-72919, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, E. D. Okla.; Miller v. Bill and Carolyn Limited Partnership, el al., Case Nos. 06-7083 and 09-7004, U. S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit (representation of creditor and enforcement of bankruptcy estate’s ownership rights in debtor’s partnership interest, lead counsel, represented McCurtain County National Bank and Gerald R. Miller, Trustee)
- In re Race Horses, Inc., Case No. 04-70162, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, E. D. Okla. (creditor’s claim and contract dispute, lead counsel, represented United Tote Company)
- Orix Real Estate Equities, Inc. v. Bordeaux III, L.L.C. et al., CJ-2003-9945, District Court of Oklahoma County, Okla. (shopping center foreclosure,collection and guaranty issues, lead counsel, represented Orix)
- In the Matter of the Assessment of Real Property of Integris Realty Corporation, 2002 OK 85, 58 P.3d 200 (exemption for charitable use of real property, represented Integris Realty Corp.)
- Fleming Companies, Inc. v. Super Center, 1999 OK CIV APP 18 (enforcement of arbitration contract, lead counsel, represented Fleming Companies, Inc.)
Honors and Awards
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (bankruptcy litigation; commercial litigation; construction litigation; real estate litigation)
- Listed in Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association