Elizabeth Isaacs is a trial lawyer whose practice focuses on civil litigation, including insurance and ERISA litigation, in state and federal trial and appellate courts and in arbitration proceedings.
Prior to joining McAfee & Taft, Elizabeth clerked for the Honorable Joe L. Heaton of the United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma. During law school, she also served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Daman H. Cantrell of the Fourteenth Judicial District for the State of Oklahoma and as an extern for the United States Attorney for the Western District of Oklahoma.
Before law school, Elizabeth worked for six years in the insurance industry, first as a claims adjuster and then as an underwriter for commercial transportation lines.Download Bio (PDF)
- Obtained dismissal in federal court of breach of contract and bad faith claims asserted against two national insurers.
- Negotiated favorable settlement in judicial settlement conference on behalf of national insurer in suit alleging breach and bad faith breach of an accidental death and dismemberment policy.
- Negotiated multiple favorable settlements on behalf of insurers in suits alleging violations of ERISA-governed life and disability policies.
- Assisted in negotiation of favorable settlement in mediation on behalf of national insurer in suit alleging breach of contract and bad faith breach of a policy for business liability.
- Assisted in negotiation of highly favorable settlement after filing motion for summary judgment on behalf of national insurer as to claim for breach of homeowner’s insurance policy contract.
- Successfully represented national voluntary organization before the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals regarding grant of injunctive relief in suit alleging breach of membership contract.
- Advised a hospital system in the development and update of emergency detention procedures.
- Obtained favorable ruling quashing discovery sought from represented non-party entities in state court.
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg American Inn of Court