Emalie Foster is a trial lawyer whose state and federal litigation practice encompasses a broad range of disputes, including complex business and commercial litigation, products liability defense, insurance defense, and family law. Her practice encompasses all forms of business-related litigation, as well as the representation of both private and publicly held businesses, including leading manufacturers and distributors of consumer, commercial, and medical products in product liability actions and insurance disputes. A portion of her practice is devoted to representing individuals in domestic family law matters.
Emalie’s achievements have earned her inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch (construction litigation).
Emalie graduated with highest honors from the University of Tulsa College of Law in 2018. She served as articles research editor of the Tulsa Law Review and as executive director of the Board of Advocates, was named to the Order of the Curule Chair and Order of the Barristers, and earned five CALI Excellence for the Future Awards. While pursuing her Juris Doctor, Emalie served as a judicial intern for The Honorable Gregory Frizzell of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma. She also interned for Barrister William Ryan, a prominent intellectual property barrister, in Dublin, Ireland, while attending the University of Tulsa College of Law’s study abroad program with University College of Dublin.
Prior to entering law school, the Tulsa native earned her bachelor’s degree from Williams College in Williamstown, MA, where she was a left-handed pitcher for the varsity fast-pitch softball team and a member of the Williams College Accidentals A Capella Group.
Emalie’s achievements have earned her inclusion in Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s top up-and-coming attorneys.Download Bio (PDF)
- While serving as second chair, obtained verdict in two-day jury trial in Tulsa County, Oklahoma, in favor of plaintiff landlord in hotly contested real estate dispute.
- Successfully defended Writs of Mandamus and Prohibition in the Supreme Court of Oklahoma.
- Successfully defended against temporary restraining order and injunction securing client’s right to contract.
- Obtained dismissal of a lawsuit against corporate client in banking dispute involving both negligence and breach of contract claims.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of manufacturer in personal injury lawsuit.
- Successfully prosecuted protective order securing client’s safety.
- Successfully enforced foreign judgments in Oklahoma.
- Provided legal research and writing in all phases of defending complex litigation including answers, motions to dismiss, motions to bifurcate, motions to quash, motions to compel, motions for summary judgment, motions in limine, Daubert motions, bench briefs, jury instructions, and verdict forms.
Honors and Awards
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch (construction litigation)
- Named to Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s top up-and-coming attorneys
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Council Oak/Johnson-Sontag American Inns of Court
Civic Involvement and Leadership
University of Tulsa Moot Court Programs (Volunteer)