Emily Wilson Bunting is a tax attorney whose practice is focused on general tax planning for both individuals and businesses, wealth transfer tax planning, tax structuring of business transactions, and local, state and federal taxation.
She has successfully represented clients in proceedings before the Oklahoma Tax Commission and the Internal Revenue Service and assisted clients in structuring tax-free business reorganizations involving conversions, mergers, dissolutions and consolidations. She also regularly advises clients on tax planning with limited partnerships and limited liability companies.
Emily’s achievements have earned her inclusion in Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s top up-and-coming attorneys.Download Bio (PDF)
- Represented private equity company as equity investor in the development and rehabilitation of the historic Fred Jones Manufacturing Company automobile plant in downtown Oklahoma City into a flagship 21c Museum Hotel.
- Reforming trusts to resolve ambiguous and inconsistent provisions and to allow for more flexibility while retaining generation-skipping tax exemptions.
- Negotiating and obtaining IRS private letter rulings regarding tax consequences of trust reformations.
- Structuring and implementing wealth transfer plans for high net-worth clients using valuation discount planning with family limited partnerships and family limited liability companies, as well as sales to grantor trusts and grantor retained annuity trusts.
- Assisting families in matters regarding compliance and maintenance of grantor retained annuity trusts.
- Representing both buyers and sellers in asset and stock sales and purchases, as well as other mergers and acquisitions.
- Structuring net profits interest awards for limited liability companies.
- Creating and implementing related finance company structure for real estate developer.
- Drafting tax partnership agreements for various oil and gas transactions.
Honors and Awards
- Named to Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s up-and-coming attorneys
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association