Garry Keele is an environmental lawyer whose practice encompasses the areas of permitting, regulatory compliance and enforcement, rulemaking, environmental due diligence and regulatory assessment associated with real estate and other commercial transactions, and litigation.
Drawing upon his 25 years of experience, including 10 years as an attorney with the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality (ODEQ), he routinely counsels and represents U.S. and international clients on matters related to air quality, water quality, hazardous waste, solid waste, and remediation. He also represents clients before agencies in Washington D.C. and throughout the region, and provides technical support in environmental and energy litigation.
Garry has worked extensively with clients engaged in the energy, industrial, manufacturing, financial and government sectors and has experience in the aerospace, automotive, ceramics, chemicals, electric generation (coal, gas, hydro and renewable), forest products, metal products, mining, oil and gas (exploration, production, transportation and refining), off-road equipment, plastics, synthetic fuels, and solid waste incineration industries.
Garry is a past chair for the Oklahoma Bar Association’s Environmental Law Section and currently serves on the ODEQ’s Air Quality Advisory Council. He is a frequent speaker and author on environmental topics and has served as a mentor for law students at his alma mater, the University of Tulsa College of Law.
Garry’s achievements have earned him inclusion in Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, The Best Lawyers in America (energy regulatory law; environmental law), and Oklahoma Super Lawyers.Download Bio (PDF)
Honors and Awards
- Listed in the Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (energy regulatory law; environmental law)
- Listed in Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association (Past Chair, Environmental Law Section)
- State Bar of Texas (Environmental & Natural Resources Law Section)
- American Bar Association (Environment, Energy & Resources Section)
Civic Involvement and Leadership
- ODEQ Air Quality Advisory Council