H. Cole Marshall is a business lawyer whose practice encompasses a broad range of business transactional matters, including all aspects of real estate (buying, selling, leasing, sale-leaseback, development, and financing of a full range of real estate projects including mixed-use, multi-tenant facilities, build-to-suit, industrial, healthcare properties, midstream projects, all in both the urban and suburban setting), general business, corporate governance, healthcare and agriculture. He holds an undergraduate degree in agricultural economics and dedicates a portion of his practice to agricultural law.
Cole’s achievements have earned him inclusion in the prestigious Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, The Best Lawyers in America (real estate law), and Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s top up-and-coming attorneys.
Prior to entering law school, Cole worked as a business analyst designing and developing business solutions for clients in the Dallas office of Accenture, Ltd., a global business consulting firm.Download Bio (PDF)
- Represented Baker Hughes Energy Services, LLC in all aspects of the donation of the state-of-the-art Baker Hughes Energy Innovation Center property, located in Oklahoma City’s Innovation District, to Oklahoma State University
- Represented lead investor in a unique tenant-in-common purchasing group in its acquisition and conversion of an energy company’s headquarters building into a multi-tenant office building in Oklahoma City, OK.
- Represented an international heating, ventilation and air conditioning company in connection with the negotiation of a long-term lease and improvements of an 80,000-square-foot building in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, for the manufacturing and warehousing of HVAC components.
- Represented a large, privately owned operator of hospitals, clinics, and outpatient therapy and imaging centers in eight separate but related real estate transactions involving the sale and leaseback of nine healthcare properties to a Florida-based publicly registered real estate investment trust (REIT).
- Represented a publicly traded national retailer in connection with all aspects of the relocation of its corporate office headquarters to a Class A office tower in Houston, Texas, including the negotiation and preparation of a long-term lease and contracts for the design and construction of the new space and the negotiation of a sublease of an existing location.
- Represented the real estate development affiliate of a large publicly traded oil and gas service company in its divestiture of improved and unimproved real property as part of the company’s Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings and finalization of its plan of reorganization.
- Represented a real estate development company in its sale of 17 acres of infill urban real property located in Fort Worth, Texas, to the developer and operator of a high-end recreational and entertainment venue. The transaction involved substantial replatting and other zoning and regulatory aspects.
- Represented a real estate developer in all aspects of a charitable donation of a 67,000-square-foot office complex to a statewide service organization that provides training, consulting and advocacy services to nonprofit organizations in Oklahoma. The transaction included public dedication of various infrastructure improvements and regulatory matters.
- Represented a real estate development company in its sale of 19 separate, non-contiguous parcels of improved and unimproved real property in Oklahoma City. The properties included numerous commercial office buildings, medical office space, high-end restaurant and warehouse space.
- Represented the developers of a flagship 21c Museum Hotel in Oklahoma City in all aspects of the negotiation and implementation of a multi-level financing structure, including the negotiation, structuring and preparation of federal and state historic tax credit financing, New Markets Tax Credits financing, tax increment financing, Section 108 HUD-guaranteed financing, and traditional financing, as well as the implementation of strategic public-private relationships with the Oklahoma City Economic Development Trust and the City of Oklahoma City. The complex transaction also included the negotiation and preparation of financing agreements, economic development agreements, a ground lease, master lease, and organizational documents.
- Representation of an international aerospace manufacturer in the acquisition of its first U.S. manufacturing facility and commencement of its U.S. operations, including various incentives to locate the facility in Oklahoma, such as ad valorem tax exemptions, Oklahoma Quality Jobs rebates, New Markets Tax Credits, and foreign trade zone matters.
- Representation of an oilfield services subsidiary of a large publicly traded oil and gas company in the sale of its real estate used in connection with its multi-state crude hauling business.
- Represented Enviro Clean Group, LLC it its acquisition of 100% of the outstanding stock of Cardinal Engineering, Inc., a leading provider of comprehensive environmental and civil engineering services in Oklahoma.
- Represented the owner in the sale of a 20-story Class A office tower in downtown Fort Worth, Texas, containing approximately 410,000 rentable square feet on 14 acres along the Trinity River.
- Represented a major developer in the sale of three upscale retail shopping centers and certain undeveloped property adjoining those developments in Oklahoma City and Nichols Hills, Oklahoma, to a publicly traded national developer of high-end retail centers.
- Represented a physician-owned hospital and its physician-owners in all aspects of the sale of a majority interest of the hospital to one of Oklahoma’s largest health systems, including contract negotiations, new joint venture structure, co-management agreements, regulatory compliance, and tax matters.
- Represented a large Oklahoma-based real estate development company in the sale of three multi-story office buildings and several parcels of property located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, to one of the largest privately owned banks in the United States.
- Represented ProBuild Company LLC, the nation’s largest supplier of building materials to national builders and local contractors, in its acquisition of Harbert Lumber locations and associated equipment, inventory and real estate in Aspen, Glenwood Springs and Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
- Represented client in the sale of three multi-story office buildings and adjoining undeveloped property located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, to a large privately owned company.
- Represented The Oklahoma Publishing Company in its acquisition of a controlling equity interest in Pavestone Company, a national manufacturer of concrete landscaping products, and its subsidiaries.
- Represented BMT Capital Corporation, Natural Gas Partners and NGP Energy Technology Partners in the acquisition of all the equity interests of Flogistix, a national leader in the manufacture, sale, leasing and maintenance of natural gas and coal bed methane compression equipment, vapor recovery equipment and liquid pump equipment.
- Represented the owners of Perimeter Technology Center, LLC, Oklahoma’s largest commercial data center provider, in the sale of its Oklahoma City and Tulsa data centers and 100% of its membership interests to St. Louis, Missouri-based Cequel Data Centers.
- Represented an automobile dealership and its affiliated real estate holding company in the sale of the dealership’s assets, as well as the 14 acres of real property on which the dealership operated, for more than $64 million.
- Representation of clients in various healthcare business transactions, including the reorganization, restructuring, purchase and sale of surgery centers, hospitals, imaging centers, physician practices and other healthcare related businesses.
- Representation of clients in sales and acquisitions of unimproved and improved real property, including negotiation and documentation of purchase and sale agreements, title and survey diligence, regulatory compliance, and land use issues.
- Representation of clients in the acquisition, sale and financing of automobile dealerships and dealership facilities.
- Representation of landlords and tenants in all aspects of commercial leasing transactions.
Honors and Awards
- Listed in Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (real estate law)
- Named to Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s top up-and-coming attorneys
- Named to Oklahoma Magazine’s 40 Under 40 list of outstanding young professionals (2017)
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association
Civic Involvement and Leadership
- Rebuilding Together OKC (Board of Directors)
- Leadership Oklahoma City LOYAL Program (Class VI)