Haley Maynard is a transactional lawyer whose practice encompasses a broad range of corporate and business matters, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, business entity formation and organization, business and transaction financing, contract review and negotiations, and real estate sales, development, financing, and leasing.
As part of her broad-based real estate practice, Haley represents clients in sales and acquisitions of unimproved and improved real property (including negotiation and documentation of purchase and sale agreements, title and survey diligence, regulatory compliance, and land use issues), as well as various owners’ associations of commercial and residential development projects in all aspects of entity formation, continued governance, and common use of development property. Her real estate practice also includes the representation of landlords in all aspects of residential leasing transactions and the representation of landlords and tenants in all aspects of commercial leasing transactions, including ground leases, single-occupant leases, and multi-tenant office, retail or shopping center, and industrial leases.
Haley graduated with distinction with her bachelor’s degrees in public affairs and administration and sports management from the University of Oklahoma in 2017 and with distinction from the University of Oklahoma College of Law in 2020. While in law school, she served as assistant executive editor of the American Indian Law Review, earned American Jurisprudence Awards in criminal law and family law, and was a member of the Board of Advocates, Business Law Society, Sports and Entertainment Law Society, and Phi Delta Phi legal honor society.Download Bio (PDF)
- Represented client in its strategic purchase of unimproved real property located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, in association with a national daycare and early childhood development company to develop one of the State of Oklahoma’s first early childhood education and structured learning centers for such national company.
- Represented Globe Life Inc. (NYSE: GL) in connection with the public issuance and sale of $325 million aggregate principal amount of Globe Life’s 4.250% Junior Subordinated Debentures due 2061.
- Represented a tax equity investor in connection with its investment in a wind energy company that acquired ownership interests in an entity organized to operate an approximate 200-megawatt wind power generation plan in Beaver County, Oklahoma. The representation involved evaluation of real estate matters, including title and survey diligence in connection with obtaining a title insurance policy in the amount of $178 million.
- Represented clients in the purchase and sale of property used in connection with the development of various national restaurant chains. Representation included real estate matters such as negotiation and drafting of the transaction documents and analysis of ground lease agreements and related development covenants.
- Represented Oklahoma-based healthcare entity in connection with the acquisition of real property for the construction of a $150 million bed tower addition to the Saint Francis Hospital Muskogee Campus. The representation involved real estate matters, including the drafting and negotiation of a project development agreement, title and survey diligence, lease and sublease agreements, and analysis of various zoning and land use regulations.
- Represented Griffin Media Center OKC, LLC in its acquisition of the Century Center office building in downtown Oklahoma City. The transaction entailed significant and complex legal issues including strategy and legal counsel on the simultaneous negotiation of various agreements, including an economic development agreement totaling $2.7 million in incentives, a commercial office lease with a current tenant for a portion of the building, parking rights, and post-closing occupancy by a Griffin Communications’ affiliate.
- Represented a Northern Oklahoma-based family with a diverse investment portfolio, which includes investments in aviation, real estate and other business ventures, in several matters, including recent lease negotiations with the Ponca Tribe of Oklahoma.
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association