Hannah Cline Shoss is a corporate attorney whose transactional and business counseling practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, entity selection and business formation, contract drafting and negotiations, corporate governance and compliance, and real estate sales, leasing, financing and development. Her experience includes the representation of clients engaged in the energy, financial, food, insurance, medical, technology, and manufacturing and distribution industries.
A portion of Hannah’s practice is devoted to advising physicians and physician groups, hospitals and clinics, and other healthcare providers on a myriad of transactional and regulatory matters affecting the healthcare industry, including strategic acquisitions, asset sales and divestitures, organizational structuring and capitalization, financing arrangements, facility development, joint ventures and affiliations, day-to-day operations, and employment agreements and compensation arrangements.
Hannah’s prior career experience includes working as a business manager for a Texas-based medical practice, where she developed valuable hands-on experience and understanding of the healthcare industry and was involved in matters dealing with strategic planning, business succession, asset protection, human resources, provider credentialing, HIPAA compliance, the transition to electronic health records in accordance with Medicare regulations, and the construction, financing and development of a second practice location.
Hannah is a 2017 honors graduate from the SMU Dedman School of Law, where she served as articles editor of the SMU Law Review and was named to the Order of the Coif. While pursuing her Juris Doctor, she served as a judicial intern for The Honorable Martin J. Hoffman of the 68th Civil District Court in Dallas, TX.Download Bio (PDF)
- Represented Tyson Foods, Inc., the nation’s largest protein-focused food company, and its subsidiaries in their acquisition of the poultry rendering and blending assets of American Proteins, Inc. and AMPRO Products.
- Represented NGL Energy Partners LP (NYSE: NGL), a vertically integrated energy business, in the sale of its retail propane distribution business for $900 million to Toronto, Canada-based Superior Plus Corp. (TSX: SPB).
- Represented Virgo Capital in the sale of its investment in Sayers Technology, LLC, a leading provider of data center infrastructure and other IT solutions, to Mosaic Capital Partners. The transaction, which was structured as an asset and membership interest sale, resulted in the restructuring of the ownership of Sayers Technology as an ESOP.
- Represented an Arkansas-based physician-owned, multi-specialty medical group in the sale of its assets through a strict foreclosure agreement to St. Louis-based Mercy.
- Represented Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK), a Texas-based financial services holding company, in the offering and sales of $550 million of its 4.550% Senior Notes due 2028
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association