Harrison Kosmider is a trial lawyer who represents management in all aspects of employment law and litigation. His practice frequently involves the representation of employers in claims and lawsuits arising under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, and Fair Labor Standards Act, as well as defending against charges filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and state agencies.
In addition to his litigation practice, Harrison counsels clients on a broad range of compliance and policy matters arising from the employer-employee relationship, including employment agreements, arbitration provisions and programs, wage and hour law, employee handbook policies and procedures, discipline and termination, severance agreements, drug and alcohol testing, and best practices for avoiding discrimination, harassment, retaliation and unlawful termination charges.
A portion of Harrison’s practice is devoted to general civil and business litigation.Download Bio (PDF)
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an international drilling company on claims of Title VII failure to promote, retaliation, hostile work environment, negligence and intentional infliction of emotional distress in the Northern District of Oklahoma.
- Obtained summary judgment on tortious interference with business claim in Tulsa County District Court.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national insurance provider on bad faith and breach of contract claims in the Northern District of Oklahoma.
- Won Tenth Circuit appeal of bad faith and breach of contract claims, which included overturning existing Tenth Circuit authority.
- Obtained dismissal of bad faith and breach of contract claims on behalf of a national insurance provider in the Northern District of Oklahoma.
- Obtained vacation of a improperly imposed temporary injunction and attorneys’ fees in Wagoner County District Court.
- Represented a national satellite television provider in several wage and hour actions.
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Council Oak Johnson-Sontag American Inn of Court