Isai Molina is a transactional lawyer whose practice encompasses a broad range of commercial and business matters, including real estate, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, financing of transactions, commercial lending, and business contracts.
As part of his real estate practice, Isai frequently represents clients in the sales and acquisitions of unimproved and improved real property, handling the negotiation and documentation of purchase and sale agreements, title and survey diligence, regulatory compliance, and land and zoning issues. He also represents landlords and tenants in all aspects of commercial leasing transactions, including ground leases, single-occupant leases, and multi-tenant office, retail or shopping center, and industrial leases.
In addition to his private practice, Isai volunteers his time for Oklahoma Lawyers for Children and Rebuilding Together OKC, and is a board member of PlaySmart OKC.
His achievements have earned him inclusion in Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s up-and-coming attorneys.
Prior to law school, Isai worked as an investigator for the Child Protective Services Unit of the Oklahoma Department of Human Services.
He is fluent in Spanish.Download Bio (PDF)
- Represented one of the nation’s largest churches, founded in Oklahoma, in the sales and acquisitions of unimproved and improved real property, including the negotiation and documentation of purchase and sale agreements, title and survey diligence, regulatory compliance, and land use issues, and represented the church in the development and construction of multiple church sites throughout Oklahoma and various surrounding states, including Texas, Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Colorado, Nebraska and Iowa.
- Represented a private equity fund in the acquisition of a multi-tenant office building in the Uptown/Turtle Creek district of downtown Dallas, Texas, for a total purchase price of approximately $20.5 million. The representation included all aspects of the transaction, including the negotiation and preparation of purchase agreement, loan documentation, and all transfer and closing documents in connection with the transactions; advice and counsel regarding complex title and survey matters, adverse possession matters, zoning and planning issues, and leasing and operational diligence; and advice and counsel regarding tax implications and the formation of a special purpose entity.
- Represented numerous investor-landowners in the sale and acquisition of properties leased to major franchise brands, including national restaurant chains, throughout Oklahoma and represented such landowners in all ongoing landlord matters.
- Represented a large Oklahoma-based media company in its acquisition of the Century Center office building in downtown Oklahoma City. The transaction entailed significant and complex legal issues including strategy and legal counsel on the simultaneous negotiation of various agreements, including an economic development agreement totaling $2.7 million in incentives, a commercial office lease with a current tenant for a portion of the building, parking rights, and a post-closing occupancy agreement.
- Represented several real estate private equity funds in the acquisitions and dispositions of various real estate properties, including large commercial office and retail buildings and single and multi-tenant industrial facilities.
- Represented parties involved in Oklahoma wind energy and solar projects, including analysis of real estate, environmental, permitting, and Oklahoma tax matters.
- Represented a Northern Oklahoma-based family with a diverse investment portfolio, which includes investments in aviation, real estate and other business ventures, in several matters, including recent lease negotiations with the Ponca Tribe of Oklahoma.
- Represented various owners’ associations of commercial and residential development projects in all aspects of entity formation, continued governance and common use of development property.
- Represented Top Rank-promoted professional boxer and former WBO International and NABO titlist Juan Alex Saucedo in the negotiations of a management agreement and review of promotional and endorsement agreements.
- Represented the nation’s largest supplier of building materials for residential and commercial builders in reviewing, analyzing, abstracting and conducting other due diligence examinations on more than 450 leases and subleases across the nation.
- Represented the shareholders of Diamond Game Enterprises, a California-based designer and manufacturer of gaming-related products for casino gaming and lottery industries, in the sale of all the company’s stock to Amaya Gaming Group, a Canadian company that is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange, for $25 million, subject to pre- and post-closing purchase price adjustments.
- Represented Dippin’ Dots, LLC in its acquisition of all of the assets of Doc Popcorn Franchising, Inc., a gourmet popcorn franchising company with retail locations throughout the United States, Japan, Mexico and Puerto Rico.
- Represented a large healthcare company in reorganizing and simplifying its capitalization and organizational structure through a series of mergers and other related transactions including, among other things, an $8 million private securities offering and $45 million credit facility.
- Represented Enviro Clean Group, LLC it its acquisition of 100% of the outstanding stock of Cardinal Engineering, Inc., a leading provider of comprehensive environmental and civil engineering services in Oklahoma.
- Represented the shareholders of an Oklahoma health maintenance organization (HMO) in the sale of the company’s equity interests to a private equity group for consideration of approximately $47 million.
- Represented the shareholders of an Oklahoma HMO in the strategic acquisition of another HMO from a multibillion-dollar public company in Houston.
- Represented the shareholders of a professional photography business in the acquisition of a leading youth school, sports and event photography company with more than 200 franchised outlets across the United States.
- Assisted franchisors in handling state franchise registrations and other regulatory filings, in preparing and updating their Franchise Disclosure Document, and in providing counsel on various matters related to franchising law.
- Representation of clients in sales of unimproved and improved real property, including negotiation and documentation of purchase and sale agreements, title and survey due diligence, regulatory compliance, and land use and zoning issues.
Honors and Awards
- Named to Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s top up-and-coming attorneys
- Named to The Journal Record’s Power List of Young Legal Professionals (2023)
- Honored as a “Top 40 Oklahoma Hispanic Leader” by the Oklahoma Hispanic Institute (2023)
- Named by Latino Leaders magazine to its sixth annual list of Top Latino Lawyers (2019)
- Named by Lawyers of Color to its second annual Hot List for the Southwest region (2014)
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
Civic Involvement and Leadership
- Governor’s Hispanic Initiative Council
- Oklahoma Lawyers for Children
- PlaySmart OKC (Board Member)
- Rebuilding Together OKC
- The Gap Between Foundation