Cooper Davis is a corporate and tax lawyer who represents individuals, nonprofit organizations, and public and private businesses of all sizes in a broad range of business matters, including entity formation and structuring, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, transaction financing, contract negotiations and drafting, and business and transaction taxation. He also advises tax-exempt organizations on legal and business matters specifically applicable to nonprofits, including organizational formation, tax compliance, board governance, and planned giving.
A portion of his practice is devoted to the representation of high net worth individuals and families in a wide arrange family wealth transfer, taxation, and estate planning matters.
Cooper graduated summa cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in agricultural economics and accounting from Oklahoma State University and with highest honors from the University of Oklahoma College of Law in 2019, where he was awarded the Nathan Scarritt Prize for the highest academic record in his graduating class.
While in law school, Cooper served as assistant articles editor of the Oklahoma Law Review and was the recipient of numerous scholarships and honors, including the S.T. Bledsoe Memorial Prize, Comfort Scholarship, Robert B. Looper Memorial Scholarship, and 13 American Jurisprudence Awards.Download Bio (PDF)
- Counsel to multiple clients related to stock sales and purchases, partnership sales and purchases, assets sales and purchases, and reorganizations.
- Counsel to buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions, including tax-free reorganizations.
- Income tax planning.
- All forms of wealth transfer tax planning and estate planning, business succession planning, and asset protection planning.
- Representation of clients in sales of unimproved and improved real property, including negotiation and documentation of purchase and sale agreements, title and survey due diligence, regulatory compliance, and land use and zoning issues.
- Representation of landlords and tenants in all aspects of commercial leasing transactions.
- Representation of parties involved in Oklahoma wind energy projects, including analysis of real estate and Oklahoma tax matters.
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association
Civic Involvement and Leadership
- Vine Community Church