Michael Nordin counsels clients on business transactions, including the organization, financing, acquisition, and operation of businesses; the acquisition, development, leasing, management, and financing of real estate; and the negotiation of business contracts. He currently serves as leader of the firm’s Business Transactions and Finance Group.
Michael has extensive experience representing owners and developers with redevelopment of urban properties, municipal economic development incentives, public/private partnerships, and land use issues. His experience with real estate acquisition, development, leasing, management, and financing includes office buildings, mixed-use and multi-family projects, industrial properties, residential subdivisions, and shopping centers.
Michael also represents clients in a broad range of industries, whether real estate-based or otherwise, including automobile dealerships, manufacturing, healthcare, energy, and restaurant. He has substantial experience with structuring and negotiating business acquisitions and financings and with supply and distribution agreements in several industries.
Michael has much experience representing lenders and borrowers in workouts and the restructuring of troubled loans and advising clients in foreclosure and related actions.
Michael chairs the firm’s Opinions Committee and has previously served as leader of the firm’s Healthcare Group and Real Estate Group. His achievements have earned him election as a Fellow of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys, the nation’s premier organization of mortgage law experts, as well as inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (business organizations; commercial transactions/UCC law; corporate law; health care law; mergers and acquisitions law; real estate law) and Oklahoma Super Lawyers.Download Bio (PDF)
- Organization of joint ventures for the acquisition, development, and financing of numerous office buildings, including 35-story Chase Tower in downtown Oklahoma City.
- Representation of a manufacturing company in the negotiation of an economic development agreement with the City of Oklahoma City for funding of public improvements necessary for plant expansion.
- Structuring, negotiation and documentation of a ground lease and land use matters for the development of a $50,000,000 specialty hospital.
- Representation of a physician-owned group of clinics in the negotiation of a lease for a new 10,000-square-foot primary care facility located in northeast Oklahoma City’s major commercial corridor.
- Representation of an oilfield equipment manufacturing company in the sale of its remote well monitoring business division.
- Representation of a national wholesale food distributor in acquisitions of competitors and in supply arrangements and leases with grocery and convenience store chains.
- Acquisitions, sales and financings of automobile dealerships and dealership facilities.
- Representation of a regional automotive dealership group in a $170 million floor plan refinancing with a global automotive finance company
- Acquisition, financing and redevelopment of urban properties, including municipal economic development financing.
- Negotiation of the lease for the corporate headquarters of a major petroleum marketing company, including an economic incentive package from the City of Oklahoma City.
- Representation of real estate development companies in workouts and lease disputes with retail, commercial, and other tenants.
- Multiple sales of developed and undeveloped real property by investors and developers, including title and land use issues.
- Acquisition of and construction financing for a medical research foundation’s new research facility.
- Represented an automobile dealership and its affiliated real estate holding company in the sale of the dealership’s assets, as well as the 14 acres of real property on which the dealership operated, for more than $64 million.
Honors and Awards
- Elected Fellow of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (business organizations; commercial transactions/UCC law; corporate law; health care law; mergers and acquisitions law; real estate law)
- Listed in Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys (Fellow)
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association (Health Law Section; Real Property Law Section)
- American Bar Association (Business Law Section; Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section)
- Oklahoma Health Lawyers Association
Civic Involvement and Leadership
- Casady School (Board of Trustees)
- Oklahoma City Museum of Art (Board of Trustees)
- Leadership Oklahoma City, Class XXV
- Oklahoma County Criminal Justice Advisory Council (General Counsel)
- The Redbud Foundation (Former Director and Past President)