Jeremy Black’s practice is focused on advising clients on a variety of corporate, transactional and commercial matters including mergers, acquisitions & divestitures, joint ventures, and financing transactions, with an emphasis on upstream and midstream oil and gas transactions and related matters.
Jeremy also has significant experience and expertise and regularly advises clients on federal, state and local tax planning for public and private corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and individuals, tax structuring of complex business transactions, and providing general business advisory services to clients across various industries.
Jeremy’s representative experience includes advising clients on a wide variety of matters including negotiating and drafting purchase and sale agreements, public and private securities offerings, numerous joint venture structures, complex financing arrangements, and providing advice and general representation to his clients including ownership, management, and governing bodies.
Jeremy’s achievements have earned him inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (corporate law, mergers and acquisitions law; tax law).Download Bio (PDF)
- Counsel to multiple clients related to stock sales and purchases, partnership sales and purchases, assets sales and purchases, and reorganizations.
- Counsel to client regarding the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of a large publicly traded oil and gas company.
- Counsel to multiple clients related to the formation of complex joint ventures, including oil and gas cash and carry transactions, farmout arrangements, and private equity deals.
Honors and Awards
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (corporate law, mergers and acquisitions law; tax law)
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association (Taxation Law Section and Energy and Natural Resources Law Section)
- Oklahoma City Mineral Lawyers Society
Civic Involvement and Leadership
- Leadership Oklahoma City, Signature Class XXXVII
- Oklahoma City Museum of Art (Board of Trustees)