As a member of the firm’s Aviation Group, Joel Bulleigh has extensive experience representing local, national and international clients in transactions involving the buying, selling, leasing, and financing of aircraft, as well as advising on aircraft title and registration issues and issues involving FAR Part 91 and Part 135 operations.
Joel advises both sellers and purchasers of aircraft, as well as banks and other financing institutions, with respect to issues related to the Federal Aviation Administration Regulations, FAA Aircraft Registry, and Federal Transportation Code. He provides aviation-related counsel on aviation finance and purchasing matters, including not only advising clients to ensure perfection of client interests under the Federal Transportation Code, but also drafting purchase agreements, security agreements, bills of sale and other documents to ensure compliance with FAA regulations and procedures, including compliance with U.S. citizenship requirements under the Transportation Code.
Joel’s practice is also devoted to assisting owners, lenders, lessors and lessees of aircraft who seek to protect their interests under the Cape Town Convention through registration with the International Registry of Mobile Assets.Download Bio (PDF)
- Representation of lenders and lessors in connection with financing aircraft purchases and perfecting interests under the Transportation Code and the Cape Town Convention and associated Aircraft Protocol.
- Representation for structuring of transactions to comply with the Transportation Code and U.S. citizenship requirements, including registration under owner trusts and other registration alternatives.
- Representation of parties by reviewing FAA and International Registry records regarding status of title and liens and issuing perfection closing opinions under FAA and Cape Town requirements.
- Representation of national and international parties in all aspects of negotiating the purchase and sale of aircraft and aircraft engines.
- Representation of parties regarding rights and remedies provided by the Cape Town Convention.
- Acting as funds and documents escrow agent related to aircraft purchases and financings.
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association