Katie Gant Crane is a trial lawyer and former federal law clerk whose commercial litigation practice encompasses complex business disputes, class actions, securities litigations, internal and government investigations, and white collar criminal defense.
Prior to joining McAfee & Taft, Katie practiced as an associate in the New York offices of Levine Lee LLP and Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP, where she developed substantive hands-on experience assisting clients in all phases of internal investigations, enforcement actions, white collar criminal investigations, and civil and criminal jury trials. She also clerked for the Honorable Vincent L. Briccetti of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Prior to graduating from Fordham University School of Law, the Oklahoma native served as a legal intern for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma and as a legal intern in the business and securities fraud division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York.Download Bio (PDF)
- Successfully represented appellants in the Second Circuit Court of Appeals’ reversal of a $1.1 million sanctions award, the largest sanctions award in the history of the Southern District of New York.
- Successfully represented individual in government investigation relating to wire fraud in a multimillion-dollar energy transaction.
- Obtained dismissal in favor of individual in lawsuit brought by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau alleging violations of the Consumer Finance Protection Act.
- Obtained favorable settlement for healthcare non-profit in class action litigation.
- Obtained favorable settlement for C-suite executive in securities fraud investigation.
- Successfully represented employee of Fortune 500 company in government investigation relating to the company’s financial statements and disclosures.
- Represented a Special Committee of the Board of Directors of a Fortune 500 company in shareholder derivative demand investigation.