Lake Moore is a transactional attorney whose practice encompasses a broad range of business and commercial matters, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, complex financing arrangements, business entity formation and organization, contract negotiations, corporate governance and compliance, and real estate transactions.
A portion of Lake’s practice is devoted to representing public, private, nonprofit and governmental employers of all sizes in the design, implementation, operation and administration of qualified retirement plans and health and welfare plans.
Lake graduated summa cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in political science and philosophy from Westminster College in 2015 and went on to graduate with honors from the University of Oklahoma College of Law in 2018. While pursuing his Juris Doctor, he was a member of the American Indian Law Review and Phi Delta Phi honor society and was the recipient of several honors, including the Chesapeake Scholarship, Frank and Edna Elkouri Scholarship, Cole E. Adwon Memorial Scholarship, Aubrey M. Kerr Sr. Endowed Scholarship, and American Jurisprudence Award for Mergers and Acquisitions.
Lake’s work experience includes working as a judicial intern to The Honorable Kim West of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma and as a legal intern in the General Counsel Unit of the Office of the Oklahoma Attorney General.Download Bio (PDF)
- Advise clients on all aspects of compliance issues for qualified retirement plans
- Advise clients on employee welfare benefit plan issues, specifically including HIPAA and Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance
- Draft responses to the IRS regarding proposed ACA employee shared responsibility payment (ESRP) assessments and successfully achieve “no penalty” responses
- Draft qualified plan restatements and review restatements by recordkeepers to ensure operational compliance
- Advise clients on prohibited transactions issues and associated excise taxes
- Prepare voluntary correction filings with the IRS under the Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System (EPCRS) to correct errors with qualified retirement plans
- Draft uncashed check and missing participant policies
- Perform nondiscrimination testing for self-insured health plans
- Conduct due diligence on transactions of all natures, specifically including review of real estate easements and employee benefits issues
- Review and revise residential leases for compliance with Oklahoma law, specifically including the Oklahoma Residential Landlord and Tenant Act
- Form new business entities and draft governing documents
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association