Louis Price’s practice is a broad-based general business practice with significant emphasis on bankruptcy and insolvency matters and all types of commercial transactions, including sales and lending transactions, mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations.
For many years, Louis was primary commercial resource for the firm for one of the world’s largest food distribution companies. In that capacity, he handled a variety of general business and contract matters, supply and distribution agreements and lending transactions as well as acquisitions and divestitures of everything from individual retail stores to entire business units.
Louis also serves as the firm’s general counsel.
His experience and expertise have earned him inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (bankruptcy and creditor debtor rights/insolvency and reorganization law; bankruptcy litigation; commercial finance law) and Oklahoma Super Lawyers. Louis also holds the distinction of being one of only 148 lawyers nationwide to be named to the 2008 BTI Client Service All-Stars. The annual list, which is based on interviews with corporate counsel at Fortune 1000 and other large companies, recognizes the nation’s leading lawyers for delivering superior client service.Download Bio (PDF)
- Representation of individuals and companies in business and commercial transactions.
- Representation of wholesale and retail food distribution companies in various business transactions.
- Representation of companies engaged in the sale of computer hardware, software and services.
- Representation of creditors in bankruptcy reorganization and adversary proceedings.
- Representation of post-confirmation trust for the benefit of creditors in a major bankruptcy case.
- Represented the developer in connection with the project financing of a series of proton therapy treatment centers.
- Represented the buyer of a manufacturing business in an Article 9 sale of collateral under the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Representative bankruptcy acquisitions:
- Represented Fleming Companies, Inc. in its acquisition of a regional food distributor based in Salt Lake City, Utah, under a plan of reorganization in the seller’s Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding.
- Represented a large independent oil and gas production company in connection with the acquisition of assets from Texas American Oil Corporation under a plan of liquidation.
- Represented Fleming Companies, Inc. in the sale of its Rainbow Stores retail food chain.
- Represented a client in connection with the purchase of the assets of Southwest Wood and Southwest Wood Processing, a furniture maker.
- Assisted in the representation of Fleming Companies, Inc. in the sale of its wholesale food operations to C & S Wholesale Grocers.
- Representation of a manufacturer and distributor of home building products to the wholesale and retail sectors.
- Represented Fleming Companies, Inc. in multiple transactions involving the sale of individual retail stores or small groups of stores to various buyers during the course of Fleming’s Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding.
- Represented the creditors’ committee of TSG, Inc., a healthcare company, in connection with the sale of five hospitals in eastern Oklahoma.
- Represented Hope Lumber in connection with the purchase of 12 lumber yards from Wickes Lumber.
- Represented Global Gaming Solutions, LLC, a subsidiary of the Chickasaw Nation, in its acquisition of Lone Star Park, a horseracing track located in Grand Prairie, Texas, from Magna Entertainment Corp. in a complex bankruptcy auction.
- Represented an Oklahoma company in connection with its purchase of the assets of Dippin’ Dots, Inc. in a Section 363 bankruptcy sale for approximately $12 million funded by five separate loans from two lending institutions.
- Represented an Oklahoma company in connection with the purchase of substantially all of the assets of Crumbs Bake Shops in a Section 363 bankruptcy sale.
Honors and Awards
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (bankruptcy and creditor debtor rights/insolvency and reorganization law; bankruptcy litigation; commercial finance law)
- Listed in Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
- Named to BTI Consulting Group’s list of BTI Client Service All-Stars (2008)
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association