Maria Gonzalez joined McAfee & Taft in 2006 and focuses her practice on aviation matters, including the documentation of aircraft transactions and aircraft title and registration matters. Her practice involves the review of Federal Aviation Administration records for aircraft, engines and propellers and advising clients regarding title issues as well as liens and encumbrances of record at the FAA. She also reviews security agreements, leases, bills of sale and other documents to ensure compliance with FAA regulations and procedures and advises clients on matters arising under the Cape Town Convention with regard to the filings of interests and prospective interests in aircraft with the International Registry.
Maria is the co-author of the chapter “The Cape Town Convention: Key Issues for the Practitioner” featured in the International Comparative Legal Guide to Aviation Law 2013, published by the Global Legal Group.
Maria’s achievements have earned her inclusion in Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s top up-and-coming attorneys.
Maria is fluent in Spanish and proficient in both French and Italian.Download Bio (PDF)
Honors and Awards
- Named to Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s up-and-coming attorneys
- Listed in Legal Media Group’s Guide to the World’s Leading Aviation Lawyers
- Honored by Lawyers of Color as one of 100 early- to mid-year minority attorneys from the Southwest to be named to its inaugural Hot List (2013)
- Named to Oklahoma Magazine’s 40 Under 40 (2010)
- Named to The Journal Record’s list of Achievers Under 40 (2010)
- Honored with The Journal Record’s Leadership in Law Award, recognizing legal professionals for their professional and civic contributions to the state (2009)
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- International Aviation Women’s Association (Former Member, Board of Directors)
Civic Involvement and Leadership
- Latino Community Development Agency (Board of Directors)
- Oklahoma City Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (Volunteer)
- Leadership Oklahoma City LOYAL Program (Class IV)
- Leadership Oklahoma City Alumni Association (Board Member)
- YWCA of Oklahoma City (Former Member, Board of Directors)