Myrna Schack Latham’s practice is concentrated in business transactions, primarily in the area of real estate. Her diverse client base includes buyers, sellers, lenders and borrowers involved in commercial real estate transactions; landlords and tenants of commercial properties; and public entities such as state universities, foundations and public trusts. She also represents and counsels clients regarding the organizing and structuring of business entities and joint ventures.
In addition to her current focus on transactional matters, she has 14 years of experience representing individuals and companies in business and commercial litigation and arbitration.
Her achievements have earned her inclusion in Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, The Best Lawyers in America (business organizations; real estate law) and Oklahoma Super Lawyers, which has also named her to its list of “Top 25 Women Oklahoma Lawyers.” In 2007, she was recognized for her professional and civic contributions to the state by being named to The Journal Record’s list of Leadership in Law honorees.Download Bio (PDF)
- Representation of sellers and buyers in commercial real estate transactions, including transactions involving Internal Revenue Code Section 1031 exchanges and tenant-in-common arrangements.
- Representation of landlords and tenants in commercial leasing transactions.
- Representation of lenders and borrowers in commercial financing transactions, including acquisition and construction financing.
- Representation of individuals and businesses in organizing and structuring business entities (including corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies) and joint ventures.
- Representation of hospitals, physician groups and other healthcare organizations in property-related transactions (including leases, real estate sales and acquisitions, and financing transactions).
- Representation of public entities, including state universities and foundations, municipal hospitals, county hospitals, and public trusts in property-related transactions (including leases, real estate sales and acquisitions, and financing transactions), investment management contracts, and matters concerning public contracting (including competitive bidding requirements).
Honors and Awards
- Listed in the Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (business organizations; real estate law)
- Listed in Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- Named to Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Top 25 Women Lawyers”
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubble Peer Review Ratings
- Honored with The Journal Record’s Leadership in Law Award, recognizing legal professionals for their professional and civic contributions to the state (2007)
- Honored with the Oklahoma Bar Association’s Special Recognition Award (2002)
- Honored with the Oklahoma Bar Association’s Meritorious Service Award (1998)
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Oklahoma City Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
Civic Involvement and Leadership
- Southern Nazarene University (Board of Trustees)
- Southern Nazarene University Peer Learning Network (Co-Chair)
- Southern Nazarene University Foundation (Board of Directors)
- Oklahoma Business Ethics Consortium (Board of Directors)