Paige Hoster Good is a trial attorney who represents employers in all phases of labor and employment law, including litigation before state and federal courts, regulatory and administrative agencies, and arbitration panels. In addition to defending lawsuits filed under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and the Fair Labor Standards Act, she also represents clients by defending charges of discrimination investigated by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and other state agencies.
Moreover, Paige counsels clients on various employment-related issues, including: preventing wrongful discharge claims; implementing anti-discrimination, anti-harassment and anti-retaliation policies and practices; drafting and auditing employment, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements; defending state wage and hour claims; drug and alcohol testing; employee handbook and policy development; advising on hiring, discipline, and termination decisions; as well as litigation avoidance and compliance with other federal and state laws. She also advises employers on drafting and enforcing confidentiality, non-solicitation and non-competition agreements and has represented clients in trade secret litigation and related common law claims for misappropriation of confidential information.
A portion of her practice is devoted to general civil and business litigation.
Paige’s achievements have earned her inclusion in Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s top up-and-coming attorneys.
While pursuing her law degree, she served as a legal extern for the Honorable Michael Tupper of the District Court of Cleveland County, worked as a legal intern for the Oklahoma Attorney General Office’s Victims Services and Criminal Appeals Units, and served as Chief Counsel of the OU Legal Clinic.Download Bio (PDF)
- Obtained dismissal of federal claims for race discrimination and harassment brought by a former employee against a construction company.
- Obtained default judgment against former employee and his new company for violations of non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreement.
- Obtained dismissal of federal claims for retaliation and gender, race and national origin discrimination, as well as a state claim for wrongful discharge in violation of Oklahoma public policy, brought by a medical professional against a surgery center.
- Obtained dismissal of claims for breach of agreement, breach of fiduciary duty, unjust enrichment and accounting brought by a former employee who claimed he had been wrongfully excluded from an ownership interest in a client’s business.
- Obtained dismissal of federal lawsuit alleging malicious prosecution and other civil tort claims brought by a customer against a large retail store.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an oilfield production and drilling equipment distributor on claims of gender discrimination and emotional distress brought by a former employee.
- Successfully defended global manufacturing company against grievance and wrongful termination claims brought before an arbitrator.
- Obtained dismissal of a putative FLSA collective action case filed in the District of Kansas brought by workers alleging failure to pay overtime wages.
- Obtained dismissal of various claims brought by former employees of a non-profit social service agency in two related gender discrimination and harassment lawsuits in the Eastern District of Oklahoma.
- Prevented a lawsuit by successfully defending an aging services non-profit organization from a charge of discrimination submitted by a former employee alleging pregnancy and gender discrimination and retaliation.
- Obtained favorable settlement for plaintiff oil and gas optimization company in a lawsuit alleging breach of a non-competition agreement, misappropriation of confidential information, and other tortious conduct by a former employee.
- Advised and assisted a large oil and gas company with multi-state presence regarding the development and implementation of reductions-in-force, considerations for reducing risk, and compliance with the Older Workers Benefit Protection Act (OWBPA).
- Advised and assisted laser vision center in the development and implementation of a severance program for exiting employees.
- Counseled and advised clients regarding Department of Labor wage and hours investigations
- Drafted and assisted clients in implementing drug testing policies, including provisions and procedures pertaining to Oklahoma’s legalization of medical marijuana and the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana and Patient Protection Act
- Drafted and assisted clients in implementing class and collective action waivers in arbitration agreements
- Drafted and assisted clients in implementing non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements for workforce in compliance with Oklahoma and other state laws
- Drafted and assisted clients in implementing independent contractor agreements for non-employee workforce
- Counseled and advised clients regarding pay practices to maintain compliance with the federal Fair Labor Standards Act
- Audit employment policies and handbooks
Honors and Awards
- Named to Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s up-and-coming attorneys
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association (Former Chair, Labor & Employment Section; Member, Young Lawyers Division)
- Federal Bar Association, Oklahoma City Chapter (Mentor in Mentorship Program)
- Luther Bohanon American Inn of Court
Civic Involvement and Leadership
- University of Oklahoma College of Law Young Alumni Board (Chair)
- Oklahoma Women’s Coalition (Former Member, Board of Directors)