Peyton Howell is a trial lawyer whose practice is focused on the resolution of complex business disputes, including those involving allegations of bad faith and breach of contract against national insurance companies, as well as litigation involving claims of professional liability, premises liability, product liability, personal injury and wrongful death, and other torts.
Peyton’s career experience includes managing a large medical malpractice litigation defense caseload from start to finish, advising healthcare institutions on litigation avoidance strategies, and representing healthcare professionals in licensure actions. His healthcare clients have included medical and dental professionals, hospitals, surgery centers, and rehabilitation facilities.
Peyton’s achievements have earned him inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch (medical malpractice law – defendants).
Prior to practicing law, Peyton worked in finance as a lending officer and financial consultant for one of Oklahoma’s largest financial institutions.Download Bio (PDF)
- Successfully defended a national healthcare company against a lawsuit seeking $2 million where plaintiff alleged medical negligence and wrongful death for failing to appropriately treat patient with NYHA Stage IV heart failure.
- Obtained complete summary judgement on behalf of Oklahoma’s largest healthcare system in a lawsuit seeking $10 million where plaintiff alleged facility was negligent in performing an emergency caesarean section procedure.
- Successfully defended a local surgical clinic in a lawsuit seeking $4.5 million where plaintiff alleged that the facility was negligent in caring for a post-operative spine surgery patient.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal on behalf of national healthcare company of a lawsuit where plaintiff was seeking punitive damages for alleged intentional harm by facility staff.
- Obtained favorable result for regional hospital in the appeal of summary judgement in favor of hospital to the Supreme Court of the State of Oklahoma in a lawsuit regarding corporate successor liability and implied mergers.
Honors and Awards
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch (medical malpractice law – defendants)
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma County Bar Association (Community Service Committee)
- Oklahoma Bar Association
Civic Involvement and Leadership
- Oklahoma Lawyers for Children (Volunteer)